Requester Importer makes migrating data from a CSV file to Freshservice easy and less tedious.
Requester Importer not only simplifies migrating data from a CSV file to Freshservice but also automates data migration minimizing user effort and supervision. In addition, it also offers an efficient way to encrypt data before migrating the same to Freshservice.
Here are some of the key features of the app:
Automatic synchronization of data every day
PGP encryption and data migration through SFTP server to minimize data breach risks
Ability to modify field mapping settings based on user needs
NOTE: The app only supports default, number, string, and dropdown fields.
Fill in the mandatory fields to install the app.
Freshservice API Detail:
1) Account URL:
Enter the Hosting URL which is present in the Freshservice account URL
Enter the Freshservice API key. Here's how you can retrieve your API key:
1) Log in to your Freshservice account
2) Click on your profile picture icon on the top right corner and select Profile Settings on the right pane. You will find the API Key, copy-paste this as required to authenticate third-party solutions.
Once the Freshservice API details are entered, click on the validate "Verify Account Credential" then you will be able to set up your preferred app settings.
2) Provide the SFTP information with exact folder also in the SFTP screen. There will be two types of authentication we support:
Password along with the host information
Using private key file ( ex: Pem and Ppk)
NOTE: You can also provide the port information along with the domain as mentioned in the below screen.
3) Enter how often (in terms of number of days) you want to look for the updated file in order to update the requester from the CSV file. You can also secure the file by using PGP encryption.
Enabled, the PGP in app setting will provide a public key, which has to be used to encrypt the CSV file in the SFTP server in rest.
4) Choose the sample file to identify or map the CSV column to the respective Freshservice field mapping.
Sample file should be a CSV file.
The Sample file should not be encrypted.
The same column name must be present in the future file, which will be uploaded into the SFTP folder.
5) Need to map the Freshservice fields with respect to the CSV column.
NOTE: Mandatory fields in Freshservice are pre-populated to ensure you have mapped those fields with respect to the column without fail before installing the app.