[AVAILABLE ONLY ON FOREST & ESTATE PLANS]
Automate your daily chat workflows in Freshchat at a granular level and save time with Advanced Automations.
Auto Responder - Automatically send a response
Chat Rescuer - Rescue an unattended conversation
Overflow Handler - Handle overflowing groups
Auto Escalation - Escalations for SLA violations
This app comes with a bunch of predefined automations to help you get started. You can further create more automations based on your business needs.
To install Advanced Automations
1. Log in to the Freshchat portal and go to the Freshchat product gallery using the given link https://<your_subdomain>.freshchat.com/a/<your_account_id>/marketplace
2. From Browse by category, select All and search for the Advanced Automations app.
3. Select Advanced Automations and you will be redirected to the app installation page. Click Install.
1. Once the app has been installed, go to the app settings.
2. Enter the Freshchat API Key and click Verify. To obtain the Freshchat API Key go to https://<your_subdomain>.freshchat.com/a/<your_account_number>/settings/apikeys and click the Generate Token button.
3. Enter the SDK APP ID and click Verify. To obtain the SDK APP ID go to https://<your_subdomain>.freshchat.com/a/<your_account_number>/settings/apisdk.
4. Click on Save.
Once the Freshchat API Key and SDK APP ID are verified, you will be redirected to the automations page.
Click the Enable button to obtain a set of predefined automations.
Create a new Automation
To create a new automation, click Create Automation and perform the following steps.
Step 1: The trigger that will start the automation.
Provide a name for your automation
Choose one or more triggers from the drop-down list.
For example, the automation can be triggered when an agent sends a reply.
Step 2: Condition that needs to be satisfied for the automation to be executed.
Define the conditions that need to be satisfied to run the automation.
Click Add condition to configure a condition.
For example, the condition could be Assigned agent -> Equals -> Agent Name.
Step 3: The actions that the automation should execute.
Configure the actions that need to be executed when the conditions are satisfied.
You may chain the actions by choosing multiple actions.
For example, Send a reply followed by Resolve the conversation.
Step 4: Schedule execution of actions.
When the conditions are satisfied the automation will execute the configured actions immediately.
However, if you wish to defer the execution of actions, enable the scheduler and provide the delay (in seconds).
While the execution has been deferred, if you wish to cancel the execution of the actions, you may provide one or more triggers that will cancel the schedule.
For example, if the delay is 120 seconds and the cancel trigger is "Agent sends a reply", it means that the actions will be executed after 120 seconds unless interrupted by an Agent sending a reply.
Step 5: Summary of the automation.
You may review the summary of the automation and click Finish.
You will be redirected to the automations list page.
Step 6: Click Save.
Edit an existing Automation
On the Automations list page, click the hamburger icon next to the automation that you wish to edit.
Choose Edit and configure the automation in the same way as you would when you created the automation.
Click Finish and then click Save.
Delete an existing Automation
On the Automations list page, click the hamburger icon next to the automation that you wish to delete.
Choose Delete and you will be prompted with a confirmation.
On confirmation, click Save.