This app lets you send WhatsApp messages from within Freshchat.
WhatsApp Proactive Messaging allows you to send or initiate a message to WhatsApp users. Select a pre-approved message template from the drop-down and enter the data value for the placeholders separated by the double pipe symbol (||) to send a message to the required phone number after consent.
The user phone number is auto-populated from Freshchat to the form. You can select the desired language from the drop-down to send the message in that language (if it’s been approved beforehand). The app also allows agents to use message templates to send out proactive messages while the account admins can make changes to the existing settings or add more message templates for use in the App Settings.
Taking into example an e-commerce platform, you can send a confirmation message to a customer's WhatsApp number with the order ID or a booking ID once they have made a purchase. With the user of placeholders, you can include the Order ID of the customer with ease and send the message directly from the Freshchat portal.
Please fill in the required fields to install the app:
1. Freshchat API Token - You can find this token in your Freshchat account settings-> API Token
2. WhatsApp proactive messaging number - Please enter the number which is integrated with the Freshchat account to send out proactive messages from that number through the approved message template for that number
3. WhatsApp Namespace - This is provided when the WhatsApp proactive messaging templates are approved which would look something like this: 221f2932_2506_2002_cc51_348df8a79ee2
4. WhatsApp Message templates - Please enter the approved message template for a particular WhatsApp number. If there are multiple message templates please separate each with the double pipe symbol (||). For eg: Welcome_template || confirmation_template || cancellation_template
5. WhatsApp Message template data placeholder count - Please enter the corresponding total count of data placeholders for each message template separated by the double pipe symbol (||)
6. Freshchat Data center - Please select the data center for your Freschat account. If unsure please contact support to know the details your Freshchat account's data center
To use your app:
You can find the form in the conversation view in Inbox. The phone number of the user is auto-populated if available in the Freshchat profile of that user. You can then select the message template from the drop-down and enter the data value for the placeholders separated by the double pipe symbol (||)