Enable 2-way SMS capability in Freshdesk to deliver a true omni channel experience.
A Twilio Integration for Freshdesk, Twilio Plus enables 2-way SMS and MMS capability on Freshdesk, allowing you to communicate with customers via SMS and reducing friction from customer communications.
With Twilio Plus, your customers can reach out to your support agents through SMS, and receive responses and updates about their tickets via text messaging – a communication channel they prefer.
With 2-way SMS messaging enabled, receiving help and support becomes an even smoother experience for your customers – leading to higher customer satisfaction and increased customer loyalty for your business!
- Inbound and outbound SMS and MMS support.
- Automatic ticket creation when customers send a text message via SMS to the Twilio number.
- Gives you the option to predefine the format of incoming SMS messages.
- Custom message templates with dynamic placeholder tags that allow for personalized experiences.
- Auto-response SMS on ticket updates.
Want to be amazing with your customers?
Follow this link to view live demo and take the Twilio Plus app for a spin.
1. To install the app, go to your Freshdesk dashboard and click on the gear icon on the left.
2. Scroll down to Helpdesk Productivity and click on Apps.
3. Click on Get More Apps and search for Twilio Plus.
4. Click on Buy Now button to buy the app and install it.
5. You will then see a login form. If this is your first time using Twilio Plus, you’ll have to create an account by filling up your details and setting a password.
After you’ve registered, you’ll see Integration Settings.
6. Enter the following integration settings to validate your Twilio account:
- Twilio phone number
- Twilio SID
- Twilio Auth Token
Click on Validate Twilio account. It will show you a success message if the account is validated successfully.
7. Enter the following integration settings to validate your Freshdesk account:
- Freshdesk domain
- Freshdesk API key
Click on Validate Freshdesk account. It will show a success message if the account is validated successfully.
Once your accounts are validated, you can configure settings for your Twilio Plus app.
8. Under SMS templates, you’ll get two options for auto-response SMS.
- Enable Status Change: this auto-generated SMS with a customizable template is sent to the customer when the status of their ticket is updated.
- Enable New Reply/Public Note: this auto-generated SMS with a customizable template is sent to the customer whenever a new reply or a public note is added on their ticket.
9. Under Custom SMS Templates, you can create templates that can be used by agents to reply to repetitive customer queries in a more efficient way.
You can use tags to create SMS templates with a personalized effect.
10. Under Incoming SMS settings, you can configure when you want a ticket to be generated when a customer sends an SMS. You have two options here:
- A ticket can be automatically generated whenever a customer sends a message, regardless of the format of the message. However, this option lets you define a time duration so that all subsequent messages of the customer sent within that time frame are included in the same ticket thread instead of creating a new ticket.
- A ticket is created when a customer sends a message in the pre-defined format and replies to tickets are added if they are sent in the format as well. If the customer sends a message without following the format, he or she is prompted with the correct format.
11. To configure incoming SMS settings, copy the URL given under Incoming SMS Settings tab and paste it in your Twilio phone number’s webhook.