Calls Powered by Exotel To Deliver Contextual Customer Support inside Freshdesk
Exotel Freshdesk Plugin enables contextual association of calls with tickets. It
enables an agent to have Incoming Call intimation, visualize the call details along
with call recordings and provide Click2Call capabilities. Seamless integration
for enhanced agent productivity and a better experience.
1. Call Intimations - Get the notification on your Freshdesk, whenever an
incoming call comes on to your customer-facing Exotel Number or an
outbound call is initiated from Freshdesk
2. Automated Ticket Creation - Ability to create/update a ticket and associate
the call with it. Automatic ticket creation for Missed Calls
3. Click2Call - Initiate call between you and your customer, directly from the
4. Call Details - Call Recordings and Call Duration getting automatically added
to the tickets.
5. User Mapping - Map Exotel Agents to Freshdesk Users and enable
6. Work on just one interface and improve your agent productivity by
Prerequisites: Freshdesk and Exotel accounts.
Exotel CTI Installation:
1. Log in to your Freshdesk Account.
2. Go to Admin > Helpdesk Productivity - Apps.
3. Click the Get More Apps button, find the 'Exotel CTI' app and click install.
4. Fill the Freshdesk Domain URL, Freshdesk API Key, Exotel Account Region, Exotel AccountSid (SID), Exotel API Key, Exotel API Token, Exotel Endpoint URL (https://freshdesk.mum1.exotel.in).
5. Click the checkbox (Click to get agent roles) to get agent roles and apply required changes in Exotel details.
6. Choose Freshdesk Agent Roles that will perform user mapping between Freshdesk Agents and Exotel co-worker's numbers.
7. Click the Install button.
8. All done! Exotel CTI will be available in your Freshdesk Account.
How to use Exotel CTI:
1. In the CTI, click the settings icon. The User mapping screen is displayed. Click "New" to map the Freshdesk Agent with Exotel Details (CallerId and Exotel co-workers Mobile Number).
2. Enter the Mobile Number in the E164 format and click the "Save" button.
3. For Incoming calls, Caller detail notification is displayed.
4. To create a ticket/add a note to the existing ticket for an incoming or outgoing call, click the "Add Note" button on the caller details Notification page.
5. To Add Note to the existing ticket, click the "Add Note" button on the Call History page or on the Caller Details page.
6. The call recording and duration of the call is added to the ticket that is created for the call.