The GitHub app will give you access to all your online repositories and promote team collaboration.
This app combines the features of a support desk software with the GitHub repository. When customers’ reach out to your agents to report software bugs, agents can create issues in GitHub and track them from within Freshdesk.
The features of this app include:
1. Link your tickets to new/existing issues in a GitHub repository of your choice so you can set milestones to track and resolve them easily.
2. With two-way sync, replies/notes recorded on your tickets will be automatically updated as GitHub comments and GitHub comments will be reflected as Notes on the corresponding ticket page.
3. Link multiple tickets to same GitHub issue.
4. Unlink tickets from their GitHub issues.
5. Admin access allows you to select the subset of repositories you want your agents to use.
6. Eliminates the need for your support teams to open two different applications to manage issues.
7. Improves communication and collaboration between your development and support teams.
1) Log in to your Freshdesk portal and head over to the Admin tab.
2) Go to Apps and click on “Get more Apps” to open the Custom App Gallery.
3) Once you choose GitHub V2, you will be redirected to the install page of the app.
4) Login to your GitHub account.
5) Select the Organizations you want to allow Freshdesk access to and click on “Grant Access”.
6) Once access has been granted, click on “Authorize Application” to link your GitHub account to your helpdesk.
7) On GitHub app Settings page, enter your Freshdesk domain URL and API key and click “Authenticate”
8) Select the possible subset of repositories that you want agents to have access to GitHub issue labels.
9) If required, select the option that enables automatic mapping of Freshdesk ticket types to GitHub issue labels.
10) If required, select the option that allows agents to assign milestones to GitHub issues
11) If required, select the status you want to associate with the linked Freshdesk ticket once a GitHub issue has been closed.
12) If required, select if you want Freshdesk ticket responses and comments in GitHub issues
to sync with each other.
13) Click “Install”
After installation is complete, if you need to add/delete repositories or change settings:
1) Go to App Settings page add/delete repositories and click “Update Repositories”.
2) Modify required settings and click “Save”