Simple integration between Freshdesk Github. Create, link notify, view log of Issues.
Freshdesk - Github Integration App offers simple integration between Freshdesk and Github. Using this app, support agents can create, link, and notify Github issues. You can collaborate with your support team and developers in one place.
The Freshdesk-Github app allows the support agents to create Github issues from the Freshdesk apps form. The Freshdesk-Github app also allows support agents to link existing Freshdesk tickets to existing Github issues. In addition, the Freshdesk-Github app allows support agents to help notify the Github team by sending comments from Freshdesk support.
We also support customization based on customer requests and tailored to your needs! We bring Github closer to your business requirements!
The Freshdesk-Github app provides couple of options like **Create Issue**, **Link Issue**, **Notify** , **Issue Log** & **Configure App**.
**Create Issue:** The **Create Issue:** lets the user create new issue # in Github from Freshdesk, the support agent can select the label type of issue he/she wants to create. Based on the repository type selection he will see all the Github fields. The User can make the selection and click on Create button which would create a issue in Github and then display the corresponding Github issue Id in the App.
**Link Issue:** Using this button in Freshdesk-DevOps app support agent can link an existing Github Issue # to the current Freshdesk ticket. Freshdesk-Github app allows the user to create or link multiple issues to one Freshdesk ticket.
**Notify:** Notify button in the Freshdesk-Github app allows the support agent to notify all the linked Github issues to the current Freshdesk ticket these will show up as comments in Github.
**-Issue Log:** In the Freshdesk-Github app Issue log modal shows you a couple of details of issue history including the comments history to the current Freshdesk ticket.
**Configure App**:" This will help to map certain fields between Freshdesk and Github.
*The Freshdesk - Github Integration app is limited to few Repositories in the free version.*
1. Generate the Freshdesk token by referring to the following link. https://support.devopsintegration.io/support/solutions/articles/82000451474-how-to-generate-freshdesk-api-token-key
2. Generate the Github token by referring to the following link https://support.devopsintegration.io/support/solutions/articles/82000555961-how-to-create-github-authentication-token-
3. Click on the install button in the Freshdesk apps.
3. Enter the Freshdesk URL e.g. if your Freshdesk URL is https://xyz.freshdesk.com.
4. Enter the Freshdesk API key as generate in the first step.
5. Enter your Github token as generated in the second step.
6. Click on validate to validate the app.
7. After the app validated successfully click on the Install button to install the app.
8. Go to any of your Freshdesk tickets to use the app.