Print customizable barcode labels for your assets to improve asset tracking and increase productivity
A printed barcode is a key component of an asset. This helps in easy and quicker identification of assets whenever needed.
Key Benefits of Barcode Asset Label Printing -
Organizations worldwide heavily rely on barcodes to store and access device information. Scanning a barcode provides the following benefits:
Accurate Information – Drastically improve data accuracy by labeling assets and inventory with barcodes and automate data collection
Efficient Process – Increase efficiency by electronic discovery of assets using bar code scans
Consistent Operations – Streamline operations and ensure consistency and predictability by having standardized bar code labels for each asset, also preventing any duplicates during data entry.
The Asset Label Designer app helps organizations print barcode labels for their assets. Asset managers can configure the layout of the label including components such as images and texts.
1. Head over to the Admin tab in Freshservice.
2. Under the Helpdesk Productivity tab, click on the “Apps” icon and go to “Get More Apps”.
3. Once you find the “Asset Label Designer” app, click on the Install button.
4. Enter the values for Label Dimensions, Labels per row and the Space Between Labels.
5. Configure the label by adding your organization’s logo and also by adding placeholders to get more textual information about the asset.
6. Click on Enable.
7. The app is successfully installed.
8. You can now find a new button named “Print labels” in the asset list page. Select the assets for which you want to print the label and click on “Print labels” to see a preview of the labels (make sure that you have popups enabled for your Freshservice domain for this to work).
9. Start printing the labels from the preview page.
Customers who have installed Asset Label Designer have also installed