Perform operations on AWS Cloudformation Stacks via the Workflow Automator.
Orchestration apps let you automate repeatable tasks and actions that span across a diverse set of systems and applications using workflows. The list of actions supported for this app include:
1. Stack Management
- Cancel Update Stack
- Continue Update Rollback
- Create Stack
- Delete Stack
- Get Stack Policy
- Get Template
- Look up Stack Events
- Look up Stack Resources
- Look up Stacks
- Set Stack Policy
- Update Stack
To install and authenticate this app you will need to provide the following inputs obtained using the above steps:
1. Secret Key
2. Access Key
1. Create an application user in AWS IAM. Assign policies with permissions for each of the actions enlisted in this app.
2. Attach the IAM policy with permissions to the newly created application (non-human) user.
Each action currently supported in this app should have corresponding permission in an IAM policy attached to the newly created user.
Note: If you're using credentials of an AWS admin account, you do not have to assign a policy.
Steps to authenticate and perform actions on AWS
1. Use your AWS account ID or account alias, your IAM user name, and your password to sign in to the IAM console
2. In the navigation bar on the upper right, choose your user name, and then choose My Security Credentials.
3. Expand the Access keys (access key ID and secret access key) section.
4. Do any of the following:
• To create an access key, choose to Create New Access Key. If this feature is disabled, then you must delete one of the existing keys before you can create a new one. A warning explains that you have only this one opportunity to view or download the secret access key. To copy the key to paste it somewhere else for safekeeping, choose Show Access Key. To save the access key ID and secret access key to a .csv file to a secure location on your computer, choose Download Key File.
• To disable an active access key, choose to Make Inactive.
• To reenable an inactive access key, choose to Make Active.
• Before you delete an access key, make sure that it's no longer in use. You cannot recover an access key after you delete it. To delete your access key, choose Delete. When prompted for confirmation, choose Yes.