Azure AD Provisioning lets you automatically create and update users on Freshservice from Azure AD.
If your organization uses Azure Active Directory as the single source of truth for user information, you would prefer to have all your users available inside Freshservice, along with their profile information. Azure AD Provisioning uses the SCIM standard to synchronize users and custom attributes from AAD with Freshservice.
Once a user is assigned on AAD, the requester/agent gets created on Freshservice based on AAD's SCIM synchronization frequency. Profile changes made to the user on AAD will be replicated on Freshservice periodically.
The following fields are synchronized from AAD to Freshservice by default. The field names to the left are AAD default fields and the fields to right are Freshservice default fields.
* Given Name -> First Name
* Family Name -> Last Name
* Primary Email -> email
* Title -> Job Title
* Primary Work Phone -> Work Phone Number
* Mobile Phone -> Mobile Phone Number
* Complete Work Address -> Address
* Locale -> Language
* Timezone -> Timezone
* Department -> Department (existing)
* Manager -> Reporting Manager
This installation requires that you also install an app on your AAD account. Please click on the ‘Instructions’ tab and follow them carefully.
Please go through the instructions carefully since the integration has to be configured on both Freshservice and Azure Active Directory.
Step 1 - Freshservice Configuration:
1. Your Freshservice domain name (eg. yourcompany.freshservice.com).
2. Your Freshservice API key. This can be obtained from the Profile Settings page. Please note that you should be an Org Administrator on Freshservice.
1. Click on Install and you will be presented with an installation page.
2. Enter your Freshservice domain name and the API key.
3. You will be presented with a Secret Token. Copy this token to your clipboard.
4. Click on Install to successfully enable the integration.
Step 2 - Azure Active Directory configuration
1. Secret Token obtained from the app installation page
Please follow the detailed steps with screenshots available on Microsoft Docs from “Step 3” onwards: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/saas-apps/freshservice-provisioning-tutorial#step-3-add-freshservice-provisioning-from-the-azure-ad-application-gallery