Protect sensitive data in your tickets by masking credit card and social security numbers.
Protect your sensitive data such as credit card numbers or US social security numbers in your tickets. This app will obfuscate all but the last 4 digits. The other numbers will show as an "X". The data is protected in the Ticket Subject, Description, Private and Public Note.
Earlier, this app would mask any 16-digit number. We've now included the LUHN algorithm to identify whether the number is that of a valid credit card or whether the data is a social security number before masking.
The following credit card formats are covered by this app.
4000056655665556 Visa (debit)
2223003122003222 Mastercard (2-series)
5200828282828210 Mastercard (debit)
5105105105105100 Mastercard (prepaid)
378282246310005 American Express
371449635398431 American Express
30569309025904 Diners Club
38520000023237 Diners Club
Disclaimer: This app will mask any data that resembles a credit card/SSN number and obfuscation not supported during ticket creation if mandatory ticket fields are configured.
1. Navigate to the Admin tab in Freshservice.
2. On the Helpdesk Productivity tab, click the “Apps” icon and go to “Get More Apps”.
3. Search for the "Credit Card & Social Security Number Masker" app and click the icon and then click install.
4. In the Setup page, enter the freshservice URL.
5. Enter the freshservice admin API key (to get the the API key, click the profile icon at the top-right corner of the page)
6. You can optionally ignore masking a few Credit Card formats or SSN if it starts with a specific number, you can mention that as well.
7. Click install.