Protect sensitive data in your tickets by masking credit card and social security numbers.
Protect your sensitive data such as credit card numbers or US social security numbers in your tickets. This app will obfuscate all but the last 4 digits. The other numbers will show as an "X". The data is protected in the Ticket Subject, Description, Private and Public Note.
The following credit card formats are covered by this app.
4000056655665556 Visa (debit)
2223003122003222 Mastercard (2-series)
5200828282828210 Mastercard (debit)
5105105105105100 Mastercard (prepaid)
378282246310005 American Express
371449635398431 American Express
30569309025904 Diners Club
38520000023237 Diners Club
Disclaimer: This app will mask any data that resembles a credit card/SSN number.
1. Head over to the Admin tab in Freshservice.
2. Under the Helpdesk Productivity tab, click on the “Apps” icon and go to “Get More Apps”.
3. When you find "Credit Card & Social Security Number Masker" app, simply click on the icon and hit install.
4. In the setup page, please enter your freshservice URL.
5. Please enter your freshservice admin API key (the admin can get his/her API key by clicking on the profile icon on top right of the page)
6. You can optionally ignore masking a few Credit Card formats or SSN if starts with a specific number, you can mention that as well.
7. Click install.