Hide sensitive data such as credit card numbers or Social Security numbers in Freshservice tickets.
This app will protect sensitive customer data such as credit card or Social Security numbers that are mentioned in tickets. The app will obfuscate all but the last 4 digits of the numbers; the other digits will be masked by an ‘X’. The data is protected in the Ticket Subject, Description, Private and Public Note. The app may also be configured to ignore masking numbers that start with a particular sequence of digits e.g. 99 if needed. The app can be configured to ignore masking for email tickets with subjects that match a certain set of keywords. The keywords must be entered as comma-separated values in the installation page.
Earlier, this app would mask any 16-digit number. We've now included the LUHN algorithm to identify whether the number is that of a valid credit card or whether the data is a social security number before masking.
The following credit card formats are covered in this app:
4000056655665556 Visa (debit)
2223003122003222 Mastercard (2-series)
5200828282828210 Mastercard (debit)
5105105105105100 Mastercard (prepaid)
378282246310005 American Express
371449635398431 American Express
30569309025904 Diners Club
38520000023237 Diners Club
Disclaimer: This app will mask any data that resembles a credit card/Social Security number.
1) Enter valid Freshservice URL and API credentials for verification.
2) Choose if the app must obfuscate only Credit card numbers or Social Security numbers or both.
3) Provide the starting sequence of a number that must be ignored from masking, if required.
4) If the app must avoid masking numbers in email-based tickets based on keywords from the email's subject, provide the keywords as comma-separated values in the text box provided.
5) If the app must avoid masking numbers based on the group of a ticket, choose the groups to ignore masking in the dropdown provided.