FreshBridge Connect is a powerful app that extends the capabilities of Freshservice to Azure DevOps.
FreshBridge Connect is a powerful, straightforward and simple app that extends and integrates the capabilities of Freshservice to YOUR Azure DevOps implementation and process. Simply choose a project and work item type, fill out any required and desired fields and your work item will be created with all the information provided. After a work item has been created, the Freshservice source ticket is automatically linked and any new Freshservice replies will automatically be added to the DevOps work item discussion. DevOps users can also communicate back to Freshservice by prepending any new discussion posts with !reply.
- Create new Work Items of any type in any project
- Automatically send DevOps discussions to the Freshservice ticket
- Automatically send Freshservice replies to the DevOps Work Item
Prep your installation by adding a new field in your Freshservice Ticket template and a new field in EACH of your Azure DevOps Work Item Types. These fields are required to link your Freshservice Tickets and Azure DevOps Work Items.
- Create a field in your Freshservice Ticket template called "DevOps WorkItem ID"
- Create a field in each of the Azure DevOps Work Item Types called "Freshservice Ticket Number"
An account with appropriate permissions in both Azure DevOps and Freshservice is required for FreshBridge Connect to function.
- Ensure that this Azure DevOps account can access each project in which you desire to create Freshservice Tickets
- Generate an Azure DevOps Personal Access Token (PAT) from this account
- We recommend creating a FreshBridge Connect specific account within both Freshservice and Azure DevOps to facilitate interactions, but it is not required
The Azure DevOps account from which the PAT was created will be used to post replies sent from a Freshservice to an Azure DevOps Work Item
Likewise, the provided Freshservice account will be displayed as the commenter for any discussion comments sent from an Azure DevOps Work Item to a Freshservice Ticket