Simple integration between Freshservice Github. Create, link notify, view log of Issues.
Freshservice - Github Integration App offers simple integration between Freshservice and Github. Using this app, support agents can create, link, and notify Github issues. You can collaborate with your support team and developers in one place.
The Freshservice-Github app allows the support agents to create Github issues from the Freshservice apps form. The Freshservice-Github app also allows support agents to link existing Freshservice tickets to existing Github issues. In addition, the Freshservice-Github app allows support agents to help notify the Github team by sending comments from Freshservice support.
We also support customization based on customer requests and tailored to your needs! We bring Github closer to your business requirements!
The Freshservice-Github app provides couple of options like **Create Issue**, **Link Issue**, **Notify** , **Issue Log** & **Configure App**.
**Create Issue:** The **Create Issue:** lets the user create new issue # in Github from Freshservice, the support agent can select the label type of issue he/she wants to create. Based on the repository type selection he will see all the Github fields. The User can make the selection and click on Create button which would create a issue in Github and then display the corresponding Github issue Id in the App.
**Link Issue:** Using this button in Freshservice-DevOps app support agent can link an existing Github Issue # to the current Freshservice ticket. Freshservice-Github app allows the user to create or link multiple issues to one Freshservice ticket.
**Notify:** Notify button in the Freshservice-Github app allows the support agent to notify all the linked Github issues to the current Freshservice ticket these will show up as comments in Github.
**-Issue Log:** In the Freshservice-Github app Issue log modal shows you a couple of details of issue history including the comments history to the current Freshservice ticket.
**Configure App**:" This will help to map certain fields between Freshservice and Github.
*The Freshservice - Github Integration app is limited to few Repositories in the free version.*
1. Generate the Freshservice token by referring to the following link. https://support.devopsintegration.io/support/solutions/articles/82000555954-how-to-generate-freshservice-api-token-key-
2. Generate the Github token by referring to the following link https://support.devopsintegration.io/support/solutions/articles/82000555961-how-to-create-github-authentication-token-
3. Click on the install button in the Freshservice apps.
3. Enter the Freshservice URL e.g. if your Freshservice URL is https://xyz.freshservice.com.
4. Enter the Freshservice API key as generate in the first step.
5. Enter your Github token as generated in the second step.
6. Click on validate to validate the app.
7. After the app validated successfully click on the Install button to install the app.
8. Go to any of your Freshservice tickets to use the app.