Perform operations on Instances via the Workflow Automator
Orchestration apps let you automate repeatable tasks and actions that span across a diverse set of systems and applications using workflows. The list of actions supported for this app include:
1. VM Instance Management
- Delete Instance
- Get IAM Policy
- Get Instance
- Reset Instance
- Set Labels
- Set Tags
- Start Instance
- Stop Instance
To install and authenticate the app you need to provide the following input:
• Project ID
• Service Account Credentials
To locate your project ID:
1. Go to the API Console. https://console.cloud.google.com/iam-admin/serviceaccounts
2. From the projects list, select Manage all projects. The names and IDs for all the projects you're a member of are displayed.
Creating service account keys:
To use a service account outside of Google Cloud, such as on other platforms or on-premises, you must first establish the identity of the service account. Public/private key pairs provide a secure way of accomplishing this goal.
You can create a service account key using the Cloud Console
Note: After you create a key, you might need to wait for 60 seconds or more before you use the key. If you try to use a key immediately after you create it, and you receive an error, wait at least 60 seconds and try again.
1. In the Cloud Console, go to the Service Accounts page.
2. Click on Select a project, choose a project and click Open.
3. Find the row of the service account that you want to create a key for. Click on the More button on that row, and click on Create Key.
4. Select a Key type and click Create.
Clicking Create downloads a service account key file. After you download the key file, you cannot download it again.
Make sure to store the key file securely, because it can be used to authenticate as your service account. You can move and rename this file however you would like.