Freshdesk Contact Center integration with Shopify, a customer service solution built for a B2C
Step up your customer support by integrating your Shopify store with Freshdesk Contact Center. Developed by Codup.io, this integration brings in information about your customers’ current orders and order history, right where you need them the most: on your Freshdesk Contact Center screen. So, if an existing customer calls you, you can get all the information about the contact’s order history with your company without having to switch tabs and having to search anywhere else. The App fetches information against the contact’s phone number. That means you can fetch all the information right when you receive a call from the customer. If the customer’s phone number is in your records on Shopify store, the app will pull in information about their order history. With this integration installed, you can deliver a top-notch customer service by simply having all the information you need about the contact’s order history with your company. Agents and Administrators can also perform quick actions like cancellations & refunds from the call window directly, eliminating the need for switching between tabs.
On your Freshdesk Contact Center dashboard, navigate to Admin settings and click Apps.
1. Search for Shopify App.
2. Install the App.
3. Once installed, go to the settings tab and click on Apps.
4. Click on Installed Apps. You will see the Shopify App installed. Click on the gear icon on the right to configure your App.
1. On the configuration screen, enter Shopify Store Name, Shopify API Key , Password & Freshdesk Contact Center API Key.
1. To fetch your Freshdesk Contact Center API Key, click against your name on top right corner in your Freshdesk Contact Center account -> click on Profile settings -> Copy the API Key
2. Shopify Store Name is the URL of your store. Copy and paste the URL.
3. To get your Shopify API Key and Secret Key, visit your Shopify store.
4. On the main dashboard, navigate to Apps.
5. One the Apps page, click on the option at the bottom of the page that says ‘Manage Private Apps’.
6. On the screen that appears, click on the button at the top right corner that says ‘Create a new private app’.
7. The next screen shows a few sections. The first section titled App Details includes a few fields like App Name and Developer, Email Address which have to be filled.
8. The second section titled Admin API has a few dropdown options on the right side where you have to select the permissions you grant.
1. Give "Read and write" access to Orders
2. Give "Read" access to Assigned Fulfillment Orders, Customers, Order Editing, Orders, Shopify Payments account.
9. Click on the Save button at the bottom right corner of the page and then click on "Create private app" in the dialog box that pops up
5. Your Shopify Private App API Key and Password will be generated, which you can enter in your Shopify Store Authentication form in Freshdesk Contact Center.
6. After successful configuration, the app shows information about the contact’s order from Shopify stores whenever the customer calls on Freshdesk Contact Center.