The app syncs Salesforce contact and company information with Freshdesk and vice-versa.
With the Salesforce realtime sync app, you can sync Salesforce contact and company information with Freshdesk and vice-versa. With the help of the primary source of data feature, you can choose between Salesforce and Freshdesk to be the primary or secondary for data sync. Apart from default field mapping, you can also map contact and company fields including custom fields.
• The user can configure the direction of sync from Freshdesk to Salesforce or vice versa or both.
• The sync happens in real-time. Any time an update is made to a contact on Freshdesk, the corresponding contact on Salesforce is updated and vice-versa.
• The user can map the fields in Freshdesk to fields in Salesforce to define which fields are synced between the contact/account objects on Freshdesk and Salesforce
Supported web browsers:
Chrome/Firefox/Safari/Edge: Latest 2 versions
Configuring your accounts:
Follow these steps to configure the Salesforce realtime sync app:
1. After installing the app, connect your Freshdesk account by entering the Freshdesk domain(without https) and API key.
2. For finding the API Key, login to your Freshdesk account, go to profile and select Profile Settings.
3. Allow our app to connect to your Salesforce instance by clicking on connect and key in your Salesforce credentials in the next screen.
4. Once the accounts are connected, you can set up the sync preferences.
You can choose the direction of sync and whether the sync needs to be one-way or two-way. With two-way sync you can define the primary source of data as Freshdesk or Salesforce. This means that when a conflict happens(contact is updated in both the platforms simultaneously), the data in primary would take precedence.
Contacts and companies:
This is where you can define the field mappings between Freshdesk and Salesforce. The contact and company fields are synced based on this field mapping.
The sync tab shows the history of sync and the corresponding status.