Sync your macOS, iOS and tvOS devices that are managed in Jamf Pro to Freshservice asset management.
Jamf app in Freshservice lets organizations on the Apple ecosystem sync their macOS, iOS and tvOS devices managed by Jamf Pro into Freshservice asset management. This allows organizations to manage the lifecycle of all their devices in Freshservice, including devices fetched from Jamf. This provides agents the information they need to perform their service desk operations efficiently.
Once the assets are synced into Freshservice, it -
1. Provides a single pane of glass for an asset manager about all their devices in Freshservice, including devices fetched from Jamf.
2. Helps the asset manager gather insights about the asset lifecycle and inventory related reports.
3. Completes the service fulfillment process by tagging the asset to the service request and the user.
4. Brings in better visibility into the issue being faced by the end user (in the form of a ticket) by identifying what devices the end user has.
5. Provides better insights into an asset manager into the financial details of the asset such as costs, warranty and contract expiry information.
1. Head over to the Admin tab in Freshservice.
2. Under the Helpdesk Productivity tab, click on the “Apps” icon and go to “Get More Apps”.
3. When you find the Jamf app, simply click on the icon and hit install.
4. Enter your Jamf domain, username and password details. Also, do tick the checkbox to fetch the latest used by information from Jamf into Freshservice.
5. Click on Enable.
6. Jamf app is set up and ready to sync the asset information.
Additionally, do make sure you have the below configured in your Jamf instance for the app to work.
1. Make sure at least one of the policies in your Jamf instance have the "Update inventory" checked.
2. Post the Jamf app is installed on Freshservice, these two webhooks - FS_COMP_UPDATE & FS_DEV_UPDATE would be created in your Jamf instance. Please do not modify the same.