Easily transfer customer support issues into your servicedesk that needs attention by internal teams
Freshservice App for Freshdesk will be helpful for organizations using Freshdesk for external customer support and Freshservice to manage their IT and internal operations.
Consider a use case where Acme corp uses Freshdesk as its customer support solution and Freshservice to manage their IT, build and change process. On any day, Acme corp manages hundreds to thousands of customer interactions on Freshdesk. There might be some complaints that needs assistance from the internal dev teams or might result in changes, especially if a bug is found. Considering the internal teams of Acme reside in Freshservice, the entire context of the issue should be sent to Freshservice so that concerned team can work on the same. Additionally, any updates from the internal teams should be communicated to the customer support teams.
Tickets from Freshdesk will be sent over to Freshservice on create or update, whenever the conditions defined in the Freshservice App for Freshdesk are met.
1. Call recordings & attachments will NOT be a part of the ticket update sync process.
2. The ticket being transferred from Freshdesk should already have an agent assigned. Corresponding ticket in Freshservice is created on the name of that agent.
3. Freshservice App (installed on Freshdesk) should have at least one rule (group+status+type) configured.
4. Freshdesk ticket should have an agent assigned to it.
5. Values for all the Freshservice mandatory field has to be set during app configuration itself (Department field can be missed).
6. If Department is one of the mandatory field in Freshservice, the agent of the Freshdesk ticket should be a requester in freshservice and that requester should be mapped to atleast one department in Freshservice.
1. Head over to the Admin tab in Freshdesk.
2. Under the Helpdesk Productivity tab, click on the “Apps” icon and goto “Get more Apps”.
3. When you find Freshservice App for Freshdesk, click on Install.
4. In the app settings page, enter your Freshdesk and Freshservice subdomain & API keys.
5. Click on Authenticate.
6. On the next page, chose the Ticket flow settings to set conditions when a ticket from Freshdesk would cascade to Freshservice.
7. Tick the “Add existing conversation from Freshdesk as private note in Freshservice” checkbox to make sure all the existing conversations from Freshdesk are transferred into the corresponding ticket created in Freshservice.
8. Click Next
9. On the next page, chose the Sync Update settings to decide what should happen on the Freshservice ticket when either a note or a status is changed in the corresponding Freshdesk ticket.
10. Click on Install.
11. If you haven’t already installed the Freshdesk App for Freshservice, please go ahead and install that app to complete the 2-way sync.
Customers who have installed Freshservice App for Freshdesk have also installed