Take note of distance and travel time between locations in a map as you process tickets.
Google Map Assistant is a handy tool that sits beside the tickets as you work on them and facilitates handling of tickets/service requests where location is a factor.
- Set origin and destination with a click of a mouse
- Measure distance between origin and destination and calculate travel time
- Include addresses, distance, and travel time to ticket notes
- Take advantage of different viewing options provided by Google Maps
- Switch to street view to check for additional landmarks when giving directions
Google Map Assistant is most suitable for businesses/providers offering services and support that involve moving of people and objects from one place to another. Goods delivery and home care service provision are good examples.
1. To add Google Map Assistant to your Freshservice instance, go to Admin > Apps > Get more Apps. Then locate Google Map Assistant in the app gallery and click on "Install".
2. The Google Map Assistant widget will be available right below the ticket sidebar in ticket details page. Clicking on the "Open Google Map" button will expand the widget and show a map.
3. Left-click on an area in the map to set an origin and right-click on an area to set a destination. The app will automatically calculate the distance and travel time.
4. To add the information to a ticket note, click on the "Set to Note" button.
5. Take advantage of Google Map's other viewing options (i.e. Satellite View, Street View) through the buttons available within the map panel.