Add 2-way SMS communication to Freshchat so customers can reach out via their preferred channel.
Installing the Message Media with Freshchat integration adds 2-way SMS functionality to your live chat environment so you can send and receive SMS messages natively in Freshchat. This gives customers one more possible way to reach out and connect with your business, reducing barriers in customer communications.
When customers send a message to your Message Media number, it either creates a new message thread on Freshchat or updates an existing one.
The Message Media app supports multiple phone numbers as well, each of which can be assigned to groups of agents responsible for a particular kind of customer query. When a message is received, it is automatically routed to the concerned group of agents, increasing efficiencies in the customer service department.
Plus, the Message Media app also lets agents proactively initiate a conversation with customers instead of just replying to messages received.
By adding an SMS communication channel to Freshchat, you can improve customer loyalty, reduce friction in customer service, and make customers feel more comfortable when talking to agents.
- Key Features of Message Media with Freshchat Integration
* 2-way SMS communication
* Choose a default Channel ID where all incoming messages will be routed
* Support for multiple Message Media numbers assigned to multiple channels
* Proactive Messaging allows agents to initiate conversations
* Auto-response SMS on the first SMS received from a certain number
* On your Freshchat dashboard, on the left side menu, navigate to Apps.
* Search for Message Media for Freshchat integration and install the app.
* On the installation screen, you will be asked to log in with your username, password, and your Freshchat domain. If it’s the first time you’re using the Message Media for Freshchat app, you’ll be required to create an account by creating a username and password.
* Next, you’ll need to enter the License Key, which you received when purchasing the app from the AireComms site. If you haven’t yet purchased the app, time to do it now. Click here (https://codup.co/products/freshchat-and-messagemedia-integration/) to go to the AireComms site and purchase the app from there. When done, you’ll receive your License Key in your inbox.
* Next, you need to enter the following details: the Message Media Number and Message Media Account API key
Click Validate Message Media Account before entering the other details.
* Enter the Freshchat Auth API Token.
Click Validate Freshchat Account before configuring the app settings.
* In the App Configuration Settings, you have the following options:
Enable Auto-responder SMS: if you want an auto-responding SMS, enable it by selecting the checkbox. Write the text for your auto-responder SMS.
* To integrate Message Media with Freshchat successfully, you’ll need to set up the webhooks of Message Media and Freshchat accounts. At the bottom of the settings screen, you’ll find the URLs for the webhooks. Copy and paste the Message Media webhook URL and enter it on Message Media webhook settings and the Freshchat webhook URL and enter it on your Freshchat webhook field.
* Next, go to the tab “Multiple Channel Support” to choose the channel where incoming messages will be routed. Here, you’ll see all the Message Media numbers you have in your Message Media Account. Choose a Message Media number from the dropdown menu and assign a channel to it. By doing this, all messages received on this number will be routed to that particular channel/group of agents.
Click on the “Add Message Media Number” to configure multiple channels.
That’s it. You’re all set to delight your customers!