Let your customers reach out to your agents through SMS.
The Message Media for Freshchat app allows your customers to reach out to support agents and start a
live conversation through their phone’s SMS service.
Combining the simplicity and convenience of SMS with powerful features of Freshchat, the Message
Media for Freshchat App allows:
- Your customers to reach out to agents by sending a quick and simple SMS to your Message Media
- Your agents to reply to those messages quickly and efficiently through the robust features of
In simple words, the Message Media App makes it easy for your customers to talk to you, so you can
build great relationships with them!
Features of Message Media for Freshchat:
● Inbound and outbound SMS support
● Configure a default support channel to assign incoming messages to
● Auto-responder SMS, sent the first time a user sends a message
* On your Freshchat dashboard, on the left side menu, navigate to Apps.
* Search for Message Media for Freshchat App and install the app.
* On the installation screen, you will be asked to log in with your username, password, and your
Freshchat domain. If it’s the first time you’re using Message Media, you’ll be required to create an
account by creating a username and password.
* Next, you’ll need to enter the License Key, which you received when purchasing the app from Codup’s
Store. If you haven’t yet purchased the app, time to do it now.
Click here to purchase the app from Codup’s Store. When done, you’ll receive your License Key in your
* Next, you need to enter the following details: the Message Media Phone Number, Message Media
Account API Key, and Message Media Security Key.
Click Validate Message Media Account after entering the details.
To find out where to get these Message Media authentication details, click here.
* Enter Freshchat API Key.
Click Validate Freshchat Account before configuring the app settings.
To find out where to get the Freshchat authentication details, click here.
* In the App Configuration Settings, you have the following options:
Channel ID: choose the channel ID where all incoming messages are assigned to.
Enable Auto-responder SMS: if you want an auto-responding SMS, enable it by selecting the checkbox.
Write the text for your auto-responder SMS: write the actual text of the auto-responder SMS sent to
your customers. Be personal, be you!
This message is only sent the first time a user sends a message to the agent.
* To integrate Message Media with Freshchat successfully, you’ll need to enter your Freshchat webhook
URL into Message Media webhook settings.
At the bottom of the settings screen, you’ll find the webhook URLs. Copy and paste the Freshchat URL to
Message Media webhook settings and the Message Media URL to Freshchat’s webhook settings.
Refer to our knowledge base to find out how to enter webhook URLs to Freshchat and Message Media.
That’s it. Your app is all set to roll!