Technical Support Engineer
We are looking for a smart Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level support to our customers. This technician will provide support via phone, web, email, chat and other channels as required.
IT and Development Industry
The IT and Development department is the department within a company that is charged with establishing, monitoring and maintaining information technology systems and services.
What to expect from the role
- Work experience with different systems, software, and hardware.
- Opportunity to work on IT projects.
- Exposure to IT and development.
- Work in collaboration with a team.
- Guided by experts and professionals in the field and learn on the job.
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles
- Follow the SLA for issues with respect to the severity.
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- Proven working experience in enterprise technical support, IT support or as a technical engineer
- In-depth knowledge in the product that the technician is supporting.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
See how an ATS can automate your hiring process
Technical Support Engineer is a job role that requires a certain amount of experience. It is the role responsible for providing any technical support with systems and is fully exposed to the IT industry. Although it is not an entry to intermediate level job, it is definitely a stepping stone if you are looking to make a career out of IT and Development. Here are a few steps you can take towards this job role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field.
- A Master’s degree in similar discipline is preferred.
- 3-5 years' experience in system engineering and IT support.
With appropriate experience in the job role, you can move onto other jobs such as:
- Senior Systems Engineer
- System Analyst
- Technical Director
- Why did you choose a job in IT and development?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What qualities of yours make you best suited for this job?
- How comfortable are you working with flexible timings and being available for emergencies?
- Would you be willing to work weekends if necessary?
- If you heard that an employee was violating office conduct, what would you do?
- What made you want to join our organization?
- How would you describe your management style?
- How would you handle a customer who is always complaining?
Technical knowledge and skills
- How would you install antivirus software?
- What is ERP software?
- What is your favourite software in your field of work and why?