Zenduty is a real-time incident management app that lets you solve incidents from Freshdesk.
Incident management works best when all of your incidents and alerts can be tracked from a centralized hub. When these incidents come attached to problems, changes, releases or assets for context, the resolution is faster and better. Freshdesk is an online cloud-based customer service software providing helpdesk support with all smart automations to get things done faster.
The Zenduty-Freshdesk integration allows you to sync your Freshdesk tickets with Zenduty, and keep up with all the updates. The advanced monitoring allows you to keep a bird’s eye view on all the updates.
Once the integration is set up, users in Zenduty will get their incidents from their tickets in Freshdesk. Any action on either application will reflect in the other.
Freshdesk Action Zenduty Response
New ticket created New incident created
Note added to the ticket Note added to the incident
Ticket resolved Incident resolved
Ticket deleted/closed/marked spam Incident resolved
Ticket opened Incident acknowledged
On the Zenduty Dashboard:
1. To add a new Freshdesk integration, go to "Teams" on Zenduty and click on the "Manage" button corresponding to the team you want to add the integration to.
2. Next, go to "Services" and click on the "Manage" button corresponding to the relevant Service.
3. Go to "Integrations" and then "Add New Outgoing Integration". Give it a name and select the application "Freshdesk(two-way)" from the dropdown menu.
4. Go to "Configure" under your integrations to edit it.
5. Open a new tab and to your Freshdesk page and copy your API token from the "My Profile Settings" page.
6. GO back to the Zenduty Freshdesk(two-way) settings tab, and under "Domain name", enter your Freshdesk domain name. For example, if your Freshdesk URL is acme.freshdesk.com, then your domain name is "acme"
7. Click Next to Authenticate your credentials
8. Proceed to map the Incident response from Zenduty to Freshdesk and from Freshdesk to Zenduty. This will determine what action will change the ticket status and vice versa with Zenduty incident statuses.
9. Copy the generated webhook URL to be applied onto Freshdesk.
10, Then click "Save Integration".