It is often said that salespeople have one of the hardest jobs in the world. They deal with rejection on a daily basis. Making a sale comes down to powering through call after call, email after email, and rejection after rejection.
However, salespeople have often turned out to be thinkers, and leaders who have dealt with rejection, fear, and hard times over and over again. They have had to step out of their comfort zones and take bold risks and succeed in the face of failure.
We all need a little bit of inspiration and motivation to re-shape our attitudes and our actions to stay on the road to success. This is especially true in the case of sales teams. With sales quotas to hit and deals to close, any sales team is constantly under a deadline that ticks down every second of the day.
A great way to keep your sales team motivated, especially through tough times, is to remind them of why they do what they do, the impact their efforts have on others, and how to stay resilient.
We’ve compiled a list of what we felt to be the best motivational quotes for you and your team from Customer Service Quotes by Freshworks to help you get that much-needed inspiration and energy to help get you through the day, week, or month by turning to those who have come before you and persevered.
So, take a moment to read through some of the best motivational sales quotes and keep them in mind on your next sales call for that little extra drive.
- “People don’t like to be sold, but they love to buy.” – John Kinskey
- “In sales, you let the prospect talk 80% of the time and you talk the other 20%.” – Brandon Lewin
- “You can’t sell anything if you can’t tell anything.” – Beth Comstock
- “In sales, it’s not what you say; it’s how they perceive what you say.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
- “Of course you want more revenue, but what good is it if it isn’t predictable?” – Aaron Ross
- “You do not get what you want. You get what you negotiate.” – Harvey Mackay
- “Don’t sell life insurance. Sell what life insurance can do.” – Ben Feldman
- “I have never worked a day in my life without selling. If I believe in something, I sell it, and I sell it hard.” – Estée Lauder
- “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert Schuller
- “Likes do not pay the bills. Sales do.” – Noah Kagan
- “The most unprofitable item ever manufactured is an excuse.” – John Mason
- “Do not guess, measure.” – Slava Akhmechet
- “Ask that extra question. It’s that one little extra question that makes the difference.” – Steve Richard
- “90 percent of selling is conviction and 10 percent is persuasion.” – Shiv Khera
- “Engaging people is about meeting their needs, not yours.” – Tony Robbins
- “People don’t buy for logical reasons. They buy for emotional reasons.” – Zig Ziglar
- “If I invest in a CEO, I need him or her to have experience in sales.” – Daymond John
- “Sales is not about selling anymore, but about building trust and educating.” – Siva Devaki
- “When reps take the role of a curious student rather than an informed expert, buyers are much more inclined to engage.” – Jeff Hoffman
- “Always be closing.” – Blake in Glengarry Glen Ross
- “Never lower your price, add value.” – Grant Cardone
- “If people like you, they’ll listen to you, but if they trust you, they’ll do business with you.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Sales are contingent upon the attitude of the salesman – not the attitude of the prospect.” – W. Clement Stone
- “You don’t close a sale, you open a relationship.” – Patricia Fripp
- “A deal isn’t closed until the money is in the bank.” – Colin Myles
- “Yesterday’s home runs don’t win today’s games.” – Babe Ruth
- “Nothing happens in business until something gets sold.” – Thomas Watson
- “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
- “It takes months to find a customer, seconds to lose one.” – Ann Johnson
- “I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse.” – Florence Nightingale
- “Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, ‘Make me feel important.’ Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.” – Mary Kay Ash
Looking for more inspiration? Find more inspirational sales quotes on Customer Service Quotes by Freshworks.
Did we miss any of your favorite motivational sales quotes? Leave a comment below or submit your favorite quote here.