motivation sales quotes

31 Sales quotes to motivate your sales team

Written by

It is often said that salespeople have one of the hardest jobs in the world. They deal with rejection on a daily basis. Making a sale comes down to powering through call after call, email after email, and rejection after rejection.

However, salespeople have often turned out to be thinkers, and leaders who have dealt with rejection, fear, and hard times over and over again. They have had to step out of their comfort zones and take bold risks and succeed in the face of failure.

We all need a little bit of inspiration and motivation to re-shape our attitudes and our actions to stay on the road to success. This is especially true in the case of sales teams. With sales quotas to hit and deals to close, any sales team is constantly under a deadline that ticks down every second of the day.

A great way to keep your sales team motivated, especially through tough times, is to remind them of why they do what they do, the impact their efforts have on others, and how to stay resilient.

We’ve compiled a list of what we felt to be the best motivational quotes for you and your team from Customer Service Quotes by Freshworks to help you get that much-needed inspiration and energy to help get you through the day, week, or month by turning to those who have come before you and persevered.

So, take a moment to read through some of the best motivational sales quotes and keep them in mind on your next sales call for that little extra drive.

  1. People don’t like to be sold, but they love to buy.” – John Kinskey 
  2. In sales, you let the prospect talk 80% of the time and you talk the other 20%.” – Brandon Lewin 
  3. You can’t sell anything if you can’t tell anything.” – Beth Comstock 
  4. In sales, it’s not what you say; it’s how they perceive what you say.” – Jeffrey Gitomer 
  5. Of course you want more revenue, but what good is it if it isn’t predictable?” – Aaron Ross 
  6. You do not get what you want. You get what you negotiate.” – Harvey Mackay
  7. Don’t sell life insurance. Sell what life insurance can do.” – Ben Feldman 
  8. I have never worked a day in my life without selling. If I believe in something, I sell it, and I sell it hard.” – Estée Lauder
  9. Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert Schuller
  10. Likes do not pay the bills. Sales do.” – Noah Kagan
  11. The most unprofitable item ever manufactured is an excuse.” – John Mason
  12. Do not guess, measure.” – Slava Akhmechet
  13. Ask that extra question. It’s that one little extra question that makes the difference.” – Steve Richard
  14. 90 percent of selling is conviction and 10 percent is persuasion.” – Shiv Khera
  15. Engaging people is about meeting their needs, not yours.” – Tony Robbins
  16. People don’t buy for logical reasons. They buy for emotional reasons.” – Zig Ziglar
  17. If I invest in a CEO, I need him or her to have experience in sales.” – Daymond John
  18. Sales is not about selling anymore, but about building trust and educating.” – Siva Devaki
  19. When reps take the role of a curious student rather than an informed expert, buyers are much more inclined to engage.” – Jeff Hoffman
  20. Always be closing.” – Blake in Glengarry Glen Ross
  21. Never lower your price, add value.” – Grant Cardone
  22. If people like you, they’ll listen to you, but if they trust you, they’ll do business with you.” – Zig Ziglar
  23. Sales are contingent upon the attitude of the salesman – not the attitude of the prospect.” – W. Clement Stone
  24. You don’t close a sale, you open a relationship.” – Patricia Fripp
  25. A deal isn’t closed until the money is in the bank.” – Colin Myles
  26. Yesterday’s home runs don’t win today’s games.” – Babe Ruth
  27. Nothing happens in business until something gets sold.” – Thomas Watson
  28. People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
  29. It takes months to find a customer, seconds to lose one.” – Ann Johnson
  30. I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse.” – Florence Nightingale
  31. Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, ‘Make me feel important.’ Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.” – Mary Kay Ash

Looking for more inspiration? Find more inspirational sales quotes on Customer Service Quotes by Freshworks.

Did we miss any of your favorite motivational sales quotes? Leave a comment below or submit your favorite quote here.


Try Freshsales CRM for free

Subscribe for blog updates

By clicking on "SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG", you agree to our Terms and acknowledge having read our Privacy Policy.