We’re looking for a skilled accounting clerk who will work with our financial records and make sure they’re up to date. The records the clerk maintains might include expenditures, receipts, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and profit and loss. The accounting clerk will also be required to work with senior personnel on various projects and assist any departments as the need may arise.
The field of accounting involves the processing and documenting of financial information about corporations and businesses.
What to expect from the role
- Hands-on experience with manage day-to-day accounts.
- Exposure to accounting processes, client servicing, etc.
- Learning how to organize, multitask and manage time.
- Learn on the job regarding the best practices in accounting.
- Exposure to the field of accounting and its various responsibilities.
- Work with [insert your bookkeeping software aka Quickbooks] to manage day-to-day accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Receive and record cash, checks, and vouchers; reconcile bank account statements.
- Handle payroll, make purchases, prepare invoices and keep track of overdue accounts.
- Produce reports, reflecting profit and loss statements, financial statements and balance sheets
- Keep management informed and up to date through presentations and reports
- Remain vigilant against fraud and inaccuracy by checking over figures and reports frequently.
- [X] years of experience as an accounting/bookkeeping clerk.
- High school diploma is mandatory; accounting coursework from an accredited institution preferred.
- Skilled in using MS Office and popular accounting software.
- Possesses an eye for attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Integrity; a position that requires one to maintain an entire organization’s financial records requires one’s moral character to be of the highest fiber.
- Knowledge of necessary bookkeeping procedures, best practices, and terminology.
On average $38,241 per annum.
Source - glassdoor.com
Accounting Clerk is an entry to an intermediate level job. It is the role responsible for helping with the day-to-day accounts receivable and payable. It also includes tasks like searching for new client opportunities and negotiate on behalf of the company. Here are a few steps you can take towards this job:
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- Masters and further training in similar fields.
- 3+ years of experience in the field of accounting.
With appropriate experience in this job role you can progress to other jobs in the field of accounting:
- Senior Accountant
- Accounts Receivable Manager
- Accounts Payable Manager
- Assistant Account Manager
Why did you choose a job in accounting?
What qualities do you have will help you with this job?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
What prior experience do you have in this field?
How soon can you start and how long do you wish to work?
Are you comfortable working overtime?
How will you handle a disgruntled client?
How would you organise multiple deadlines?
Are you good with multitasking and organising?
Technical skills and knowledge
What do you do when you notice mismatching numbers?
What is the best way to identify new customers in the market and how to approach them?
What steps would you take to stop frauds during accounts and audits?