We’re on the lookout for a qualified bookkeeping clerk who will be working with our organization’s accounts. Bookkeeper duties might involve recording transactions, preparing financial statements and bank deposits. The ideal candidate for this position has an excellent head for numbers, is familiar with payroll software and MS Office, diligent, reliable and is committed to meeting deadlines.
The field of accounting involves the processing and documenting of financial information about corporations and businesses.
What to expect from the role
- Hands-on experience with financial transactions and maintains accurate ledgers
- Exposure to accounting processes, client servicing, etc.
- Learning how to organize, multitask and manage time.
- Learn on the job regarding the best practices in accounting.
- Exposure to the field of accounting and its various responsibilities.
- Records daily financial transactions and maintains accurate ledgers
- Verifies receipts and makes payments to the bank through cash or cheque
- Monitors office expenses and pays vendor invoices
- Aids in the handling of tax forms
- Processes and maintains payroll records
- Verifies accuracy of transactions and makes sure they’re correctly entered in ledgers
- Develops daily and monthly financial and statistical reports for management
- [X] years of experience as a bookkeeper
- Bachelors degree in Accountancy or related field from an accredited institution.
- Essential data entry experience for starters
- Skilled in using MS Office and popular accounting software.
- Eye for detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Integrity and confidentiality; a position that requires one to maintain an entire organization’s financial records requires one’s moral character to be of the highest fiber.
- In-depth knowledge of necessary bookkeeping procedures, best practices, and terminology.
On average $14.67 per hour.
Source - payscale.com
Bookkeeping Clerk is an entry to an intermediate level job. It is the role responsible for recording daily financial transactions and maintains accurate ledgers. It also includes tasks like monitoring office expenses, paying the vendor invoices and maintaining records. Here are a few steps you can take towards this job:
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- Masters and further training in similar fields.
- Acquire the necessary certification like from institutions such as American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers.
- 3+ years of experience in the field of accounting.
With appropriate experience in this job role you can progress to other jobs in the field of accounting:
- Cost Accountant
- Budget Analyst
- Audit Supervisor
Why did you choose a job in accounting?
What qualities do you have will help you with this job?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
What prior experience do you have in this field?
How would you react if you saw an employee committing fraud on the job?
Are you comfortable working overtime?
How will you handle a disgruntled client?
How would you organise multiple deadlines?
Are you good with multitasking and organising?
Technical skills and knowledge
What do you do when you notice mismatching numbers?
What is the best way to identify new customers in the market and how to approach them?
What steps would you take to stop frauds during accounts and audits?