We are looking for a Senior Auditor to help lead the auditing processes in our accounting department. You will be required to monitor and oversee all aspects of the auditing process while ensuring they are functioning with accuracy and compliance. Your contribution will help us maintain high quality audits and make better strategic decisions for our business plan.
The field of accounting involves the processing and documenting of financial information about corporations and businesses.
What to expect from the role
- Hands on experience with monitoring and overseeing the auditing process from start to finish.
- Exposure to accounting processes, client servicing, etc.
- Learning how to organize, multitask and manage time.
- Learn on the job regarding the best practices in accounting.
- Exposure to the field of accounting and its various responsibilities.
- Monitor and oversee the auditing process from start to finish.
- Ensure there absolutely no discrepancies in the data or figures.
- Delegate tasks to junior and staff auditors.
- Assess the audit for accuracy and compliance.
- Using the data perform risk and control assessments.
- Ensure all audits work in a time bound manner.
- Submit all audits and reports to the auditing manager.
- Ensure audits are conducted periodically.
- Use best practices to conduct high quality audits.
- Use the data collected to propose strategies to improve efficiency and compliance.
- Works with the company policy and rules.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or relevant subject.
- Master's degree or professional certification like CPA is preferred.
- Prior experience as an auditor.
- Strong knowledge of auditing practices and control practices.
- Strong knowledge of relevant laws and regulations in place.
- Excellent aptitude for mathematics, problem solving and analysis.
- Keen attention to detail and dependable.
- Works with professionalism and integrity.
- Excellent command over accounting software and MS Office.
On average $75,479 per annum.
Source - indeed.com
Senior Auditor is an intermediate level job. It is the role responsible for monitoring the entire auditing process and ensuring it is carried out with high accuracy and zero discrepancies occur. It is a job with high responsibilities and includes tasks like ensuring company policy is adhered to and propose strategies to better improve the work efficiency. Here are a few steps you can take towards this job:
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- Masters and further training in similar fields.
- Additional certification like CPA.
- 5+ years of experience in the field of accounting.
With enough experience in this job role you can move on to other job roles like:
- Senior Accountant
- Accounts Manager
- Senior Account Receivable and Payable Manager
- Accounting Analyst
What made you choose a career in accounting?
What qualities do you have will help you with this job?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
What will you do if a client asks you to cover up a fraud?
What prior experience do you have in this field?
How soon can you start and how long do you wish to work?
What is your leadership style?
How will you handle a disgruntled client?
How would you organise multiple deadlines?
Technical skills and knowledge
How will you implement a process with more accuracy throughout the auditing process?
What do you consider before setting business agendas?
What are the key points to note in a negotiation?