We are looking for an administrative assistant for our organization to perform multiple duties, including scheduling appointments, handling administrative requests, preparing reports and maintaining appropriate filing systems, planning meetings, taking notes and so on.
Administration focuses on aiding business growth by running different operational processes in an organization. It is responsible for providing a productive workspace and comprises of facilities, human resources, legal team, etc.
What to expect from the role
- Hands-on experience working superiors with various administrative tasks and coordinate with department members.
- Learning how to organize and multitask multiple deadlines and projects.
- Learn on the job about the best practices in the industry.
- Exposure to the industry and working with experts.
- Providing general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying to management.
- Maintaining electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Ability to prioritize projects, resolve problems, conduct research, and pay attention to details.
- Opening, sorting and distributing incoming correspondence to designated departments or individuals.
- Performing data entry and scan documents.
- Managing calendars for your immediate supervisor or manager.
- Assisting in resolving any administrative problems.
- Running company errands to post office and office supply store that includes maintaining supplies as well.
- Answering and managing calls from customers regarding their inquiries.
- Preparing and modifying documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos, and emails.
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for managers.
- Any formal training or education like an associate’s degree in administrative assisting. It could be vocational training as well.
- Must have good command over English language and business writing skills.
- Knowing the basics of computer operating systems, while being familiar with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- You have to be proficient in advanced word processing, desktop publishing, and database management.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowing about office procedures and business communication, along with transcription, proofreading and accounting principles.
- Web design, management skills, and prior work experience are added advantages.
On average $40,588 per annum.
Source - salary.com
Administrative Assistant is an entry-level job. It is the role responsible for providing general administrative and clerical support. It also includes tasks like running errands and maintaining records. It is a stepping stone if you are looking to make a career in the field of administration. Here are a few steps you can take towards this job role:
- Any formal training or education like an associate’s degree in administrative assisting.
- Vocational training is preferred too.
With ample experience in this job role and required training, you can advance your career to other job roles such as:
- Project Coordinator
- Office Manager
- Business Manager
- Project Manager
Why did you want to become an administrative assistant?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years how will this job role help you achieve your goal?
What are the various roles you see administrative assistant performing?
How comfortable are you working with different departments across the company?
Would you be okay with working overtime?
What makes you think you’d be a good fit with our company culture?
How would you interact with someone you don’t get along with?
Why did you want to join our organization?
How would prioritize your work to meet multiple deadlines?
Technical skills and knowledge
Have you ever had to handle confidential information, how did you do so with care?
What are the various software you are familiar with and how are they relevant to your job roles?
What are the key points to properly entering data and record keeping?