We are looking for an architect to help us create innovative and functional designs for our clients. You will be required to manage all stages of architecture from planning up to completion. You will also be required to create design proposals, feasibility reports and progress reports throughout the project. Your contribution should ensure that the customer needs are incorporated along with an innovative design that will result in a functional high-quality design.
This industry helps build the infrastructure of the world for personal, commercial and corporate purposes, It concerns with planning, designing, and execution of building projects.
What to expect from the role
- Hands-on experience in designing building projects and seeing them through up to their execution.
- Learning how to organize, multitask and manage time.
- Learn on the job regarding the best practices in construction and architecture.
- Exposure to the construction industry and its various responsibilities.
- Oversee the project from design stages and planning up to completion.
- Ensure the designs and concepts are innovative, functional and aesthetic.
- Understand the client’s requirements through the “brief” provided to draw up design proposals and feasibility reports.
- Keep the client’s needs and requirements in mind while creating the design.
- Create detailed blueprints of proposed plans and project specifications, make changes if needed.
- Ensure project sticks to the budget plans and timeline.
- Ensure the project is following the law, building guidelines and regulations.
- Visit the site, note the progress and create reports.
- Keep in mind the environment while designing.
- Liaise and collaborate with construction heads and professionals.
- Keep up with architectural trends and use best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture.
- Prior experience as an architect with a strong portfolio displaying design skills.
- Excellent knowledge of drawing and design software (Photoshop, SketchUp, VIZ, etc).
- Strong knowledge of building operations, equipment, construction details and rules.
- Innovative thinking with structurally sound ideas.
- Good communication and management skills.
- A keen eye for detail and excellent problem-solving aptitude.
The median annual wage reported is $76,930.
Source - money.usnews.com
Architect is an intermediate level job. It is the role responsible for designing building projects in collaboration with the construction company and clients. It also includes tasks like visiting the sites to oversee execution, work in accordance with budget plans and timelines. Here are a few steps you can take towards this job:
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture.
- Masters in similar fields.
- 1-5 years experience in the field of architecture with a strong portfolio displaying design skills.
With appropriate experience in this job role you can move on to other related job roles within architecture:
- Technical Architect
- Design Architect
- Project Manager
- Interior Designer
- Urban Designer
Why did you choose to become an architect?
What kind of designs do you like to design and why?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
What do you know about construction laws?
Are you comfortable working overtime and on weekends?
What would you do if you found an employee violating the company rules?
How would you describe your management method?
Are you a team player or lone worker?
How would you handle a client who is continually requesting changes on a design?
Technical skills and knowledge
What quality or skill do you possess that adds value to your work?
Which architect’s work do you admire most and why?
How would you make a design eco-friendly?