We are looking for a visual designer with a deep understanding of visual hierarchy along with information design concepts and apply it to deliverables. Craft interactive visuals inline with the business/ project goal and strike the right balance between business, design and improving the user experience.
The design industries cover many categories such as fashion, digital, spaces, and so on. Those who work in this industry focus on creating functional, aesthetic and economically viable plans to be implemented in their concerned fields.
What to expect from the role
- Hands-on experience with creating compelling designs for a variety of uses.
- Learning how to organize, multitask and manage time to complete tasks.
- Learn on the job regarding the best practices in user interface and designing.
- Exposure to the design industry and its various responsibilities.
- Closely interact with the marketing team and UX Researchers to analyze and understand requirements.
- Make compelling and thoughtful designs considering its usage across multiple channels and devices viz. web, mobile, print.
- Build pixel perfect and responsive designs/ prototypes for websites and campaign pages which follow brand attributes.
- A compelling storyteller through visual designs
- Articulate conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale, both verbally and visually.
- Pays pragmatic attention to detail and work closely with Front-end Developers to ensure meticulous design translations into the code and see projects through to completion.
- Knowledgeable at available technology, user interactions, current industry trends, and design best practices.
- 2+ years of design experience or relevant experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience in visual designing for multiple channels (print, event booth designing) and digital devices (Web, tablets, mobile and wearables).
- Proficient with Invision, Sketch, MarvelApp, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign.
- A standout colleague; loves to work with cross-functional teams in understanding the detailed requirement and aligning the needs to business/ product vision.
- Has a deep understanding of visual design standard, typography, iconography, and colors.
- Open to constructive feedback.
On average $77,413 per annum.
Source - glassdoor.com
Visual Designer is an entry to an intermediate level job. In this job role, you have to use make compelling designs for multiple channels and present them. It is a stepping stone if you are looking to make a career in design. Here are a few steps you can take towards this job role:
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Computer Science or any other related field.
- Masters degree in a similar discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with design projects and a good portfolio.
With appropriate experience in this field, you can move onto other jobs in this field such as:
- UX Designer
- UX/UI Consultant
- Design Instructor
Why did you choose Visual design s a job role?
What is the best project you have done in the past and why?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
How comfortable are you working with different departments across the company?
Would you be okay with working overtime?
What would you describe your ethics as when it comes to design?
How would you react to plagiarism?
Why did you want to join our organization?
How would prioritize your work to meet multiple deadlines?
Technical skills and knowledge
What is the best way to present our ‘X’ product?
What are the design ideas you believe in while creating an interface?
What is the most important task of your job?