We are looking for a case manager to join our organization to help provide quality service for our patients looking to better their standard of living concerning healthcare and wellness. You will need to handle different cases and tailor action plans to suit each case to help the client efficiently and effectively. Your contribution will not only impact our organization but also the lives of the clients you choose to help.
This industry comprises of for-profit and non-profit organizations that are involved with the medical field. They provide services, manufacture equipment and develop medication. This industry is dedicated to improving the standard of living and lifestyles of their customers.
What to expect from the role
- Hands-on experience in assisting with cases and ensuring clients receive the best healthcare that suits all their needs.
- Learning how to create health plans and execute them efficiently.
- Learn on the job regarding the best practices in healthcare.
- Exposure to the field of healthcare and its various responsibilities.
- Handle cases and ensure the client achieves their wellness requirements efficiently.
- Draft action plans for every case assigned.
- Ensure that the plans are executed efficiently, the case is reviewed regularly and progress is monitored.
- Encourage case coordination, information sharing and so on.
- Help clients make informed choices with regards to clinical status and treatment options available.
- Be patient-oriented, always communicate and ensure that they are satisfied and are progressing in the right manner.
- Document all information about the case while maintaining and reviewing regularly.
- Coordinate and collaborate with external parties and clients to ensure plans come to fruition.
- Ensure all cases are handled with professionalism and integrity.
- Bachelor's degree in any medical or healthcare subject.
- Prior experience as a case manager or in the medical field.
- In-depth knowledge of the healthcare industry and its functions.
- Good knowledge of patient psychology.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving and multitasking skills with an eye for details.
- Valid license or certification as a case manager.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good professional ethics and work with integrity.
- Compassionate and patient driven attitude.
On average $44,052 per annum.
Source - indeed.com
Case Manager is a job role for those with entry to intermediate level experience in the field. It is a job requiring you assist patients with finding the right healthcare plan to suit their needs and finances. It also includes tasks like helping them. Two career paths are available for those wanting to become medical case managers after high school.
- You can train to be a nurse, with either a bachelor of science in nursing degree or a master of science in nursing degree. Some RNs also earn diplomas from hospital-related nursing schools.you can specialize in medical case management.
- The second career path in social work by earning a bachelor of social work or a master of social work degree.
What made you choose Case Manager as a career choice?
Describe what you consider a typical day in this job.
What qualities do you have that will support you in this job?
How has your past experiences been with both elderly patients and children?
How would you communicate a patient's case progress or lack thereof to their families?
What makes you the best candidate for this position?
How would you handle a sensitive case, have you done so in the past?
How would you handle high-stress emergencies?
To what extent will you protect the privacy of your patients and why?
Technical knowledge and skills
Describe a severe case you had to handle, how did you do it?
Were there any clients in the past who were dissatisfied with your service? Why?
How will you handle disgruntled patients and their families?