We are looking for a HR Generalist to be a part of our company and work towards creating a happy and healthy work environment for our employees and new recruits. You will be required to acquire new talent, provide orientation and ensure employees’ concerns are addressed. Your contribution will ensure a better work environment and therefore improve the quality of work within the company.
The human resources department is a critical component of any business. HR responsibilities include payroll, benefits, hiring, firing, and keeping up to date with state and federal tax laws.
What to expect from the role
- Conduct employee onboarding and training programs.
- Understand talent acquisition and recruitment processes.
- Overlook administration of leaves, compensations and benefits.
- Ideate and collaborate with teams on HR projects.
- Act as a point of contact for employees and provide support for various subjects such as leaves, compensations, and resolve problems.
- Coordinate administration of compensation, benefit plans and leave.
- Oversee talent acquisition and recruitment processes.
- Conduct training and onboarding for new employees.
- Promote HR programs to ensure a happy and healthy work environment.
- Develop interesting HR programs and keep employees engaged.
- Develop and implement new human resource policies.
- Collect and assess HR data for performance management and other tasks using metrics.
- Maintain a database of all the employees information and ensure they are up to date and secure.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related fields.
- Training in Human Resources, its procedures and policies, is an added bonus.
- Prior experience as a HR Generalist or in a related position.
- Basic computer knowledge and use of MS Office and HRM software.
- Good knowledge of laws and regulations of the workplace, employment and labour.
- Strong communication, people and management skills.
- Analytical mind with problem solving attitude.
On average $60,475 per annum.
Source - glassdoor.com
HR generalist is an ideal place to start your career in HR. The role includes diverse responsibilities and provides the platform to work on multiple HR roles and learn on the job to improve further. Here is an ideal way you can make it to this job role after graduating:
- Complete a bachelor’s degree in a HR, Commerce or Business related field.
- Pursue a master’s degree in a HR, Commerce or Business related field.
- Acquire minimum 2 years of work experience at reputable organisations.
With appropriate experience in this job role you can move on to other jobs in this field such as:
- Talent Acquisition Specialist
- HR Data Analyst
- Payroll and Benefits Administrator
- Employee Relations Manager
Why did you choose a job in Human Resources?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
What qualities do you possess that make you best suited for this job?
What was your work experience like in the previous company?
How comfortable are you working with employees from different departments?
Would you be willing to work on weekends?
How would you describe your interaction style with people?
How would you manage your time in case of multiple projects?
What would you change about how a HR departments function in current times?
What HRM tools are you familiar with?
In what ways does an ATS help the HR department?
What employee campaigns would you launch to gain referrals?