Senior HR Manager
We are looking for a Senior HR Manager to help us monitor the department and create a healthy work environment for our employees. You will be required to supervise the HR department and its activities by reviewing their performance, employee feedback, etc. Your contribution will help us achieve employee satisfaction and help us promote a better work environment.
The human resources department is a critical component of any business. HR responsibilities include payroll, benefits, hiring, firing, and keeping up to date with state and federal tax laws.
What to expect from the role
- Lead many employees in the field of HR.
- Guide teams towards finishing projects.
- Oversee important hiring, recruiting decisions.
- Approve and implement various policies to improve the department.
- Hold a position of high responsibility and have a scope for growth to other job roles
- Supervise the HR team and ensure the goals set are met.
- Create company policies that will encourage a healthy work environment.
- Address complaints and resolve them by implementing innovative solutions.
- Make changes and suggest improvements wherever required to ensure the proper functioning of the department.
- Design interesting onboarding sessions and processes for new recruits.
- Oversee the recruitment and hiring process of new employees.
- Host events for the employees to keep the workplace fun and engaging.
- Oversee HR metrics and document the observations for future policy making reference.
- Regularly organise programs for learning and interdepartmental interaction.
- Review the budget for the department and ensure it is being adhered to.
- Evaluate the performance of HR employees and give constructive feedback.
- Ensure the department is adhering to company policies and regulations.
- Masters degree in Human Resources or relevant qualification.
- Prior experience as a Senior HR Manager or relevant position.
- Strong command over HR management software like applicant tracking systems, payroll systems, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of labor registration.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent ability to create a comfortable and healthy work environment for employees.
On average $107,489 per annum.
Source - glassdoor.com
Senior HR Manager is not an entry-level job in HR. It requires applicants above the intermediate level of experience to apply. The role includes diverse responsibilities and decision making tasks to help the department in its functions. Here is an ideal way you can make it to this job role after graduating:
- Complete a bachelor’s degree in an HR, Commerce or Business related field.
- Pursue a master’s degree in a HR or an MBA.
- Acquire 5-10 experience in various job roles in the HR department.
With enough experience and appropriate qualifications in this job role you can move on to other jobs in this field such as:
- Director of Human Resources
- Vice President of Human Resources
Why did you choose a job in HR?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
What qualities do you possess that make you best suited for this job?
What would you change in the way the department is functioning if you get this job?
How would you handle harassment complaints against an employee?
Would traveling be a problem for you?
How would you make the workplace fun and engaging?
How would you describe your management style?
What is the most important function of your job?
What previous policies you implemented were a success and why?
What metrics do you use while evaluating department performance?
What software do you think will improve the productivity of the department?