We are looking for a Network Administrator to join our company and provide high-quality service for our customers. You will need to ensure that the data communication lines are secure and functional among other things like regular checkups and updates. Your performance will directly help in improving the quality of service we provide and drive our profits.
IT and Development
The IT and Development department is the department within a company that is charged with establishing, monitoring and maintaining information technology systems and services.
What to expect from the role
- First hand experience with configuring network systems.
- Working with teams and collaborating on projects.
- Guidance from experts in the field.
- Exposure to the network and IT industry.
- Opportunity to learn on the job and scope for growth.
- Maintain properly functioning and secure data communication lines.
- Oversee the maintenance and upgrade customer’s network and servers.
- Ensure updates are regularly made to improve quality.
- Install and include necessary hardware applications.
- Support and enable third-party applications.
- Regularly check and test the network’s performance such as availability, usage and weakness.
- Adhere to the company’s network policies and processes.
- Keep updated on best practices, latest servers and methods to better improve service provided.
- Resolve problems and address queries of customers.
- Set up system requirements, simple set-up, easy user interface and solutions for problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering and related fields.
- Prior experience with networking companies as an administrator or otherwise.
- Hands on experience with networking, hardware servers and routing.
- Great knowledge of best practices, applications and software needed.
- Prior work with firewalls, network security practices, VPNs, and troubleshooting.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Great at multitasking and time management.
- Any training relevant to the field is an added bonus.
On average $59,814 per annum.
Source - salary.com
Network Administrator is a job role that requires a certain amount of experience. It is the role responsible for the maintenance of systems and work to improve quality of network connections. Although it is not an entry-level job, it is definitely a stepping stone if you are looking to make a career in this field. Here are a few steps you can take towards this job role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field.
- A Master’s degree in similar discipline is preferred.
- 3-5 years' experience in system engineering, networks and IT support.
- Network Solutions Architect
- Cloud Networking Architect
- Network Security Specialist
- Wireless Networking QA Engineer
- Network Sales Specialist
- Network Account Manager
- Network Program Manager
Why did you choose a job as a network engineer?
Where do you see yourself in five years?
How do you stay up to date with trends in your field?
Are you comfortable with working overtime and on weekends?
What benefits are you expecting from the job?
Why do you think you’ll be a good fit in our organisation?
Why did you want to work with our organisation?
Are you a team player or a lone worker?
What personality would you display in a team?
Technical Knowledge and Skills