We are looking for a network engineer to help monitor and supervise the configuration and performance of our network systems. You will be required to ensure a high performing system, troubleshoot problems and ensure security. Your contribution will help us maintain high standard of network systems and ensure customer satisfaction.
IT and Development
The IT and Development department is the department within a company that is charged with establishing, monitoring and maintaining information technology systems and services.
What to expect from the role
- First hand experience with configuring network systems.
- Working with teams and collaborating on projects.
- Guidance from experts in the field.
- Exposure to the network and IT industry.
- Opportunity to learn on the job and scope for growth.
- Take charge of the configuration and installation of network devices and services.
- Maintain network services and system upgrades such as security configurations, patch fixes, etc.
- Ensure network system reliability and availability.
- Monitor system performance, resource usage, capacity planning, etc.
- Ensure approval of changes to be made to network infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot issues and provide support.
- Collaborate with the company’s security team and ensure network security through implementation of tools and procedures in line with them.
- Mediate between IT personnel and external parties to resolve problems.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Prior experience as a network engineer.
- CCNP, CCIE and/or CISSP is an advantage and valued.
- Strong knowledge of network protocols like IPSEC, HSRP, BGP.
- Strong knowledge of the OSI or TCP/IP model.
- Excellent command over network analytics and diagnostic tools.
- High analytical skill with problem solving ability.
On average $67,424 per annum.
Source - salary.com
Network Engineer is a job role that requires a certain amount of experience. It is the role responsible for the maintenance of systems and ensure security in connections. Although it is not an entry-level job, it is definitely a stepping stone if you are looking to make a career in this field. Here are a few steps you can take towards this job role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field.
- A Master’s degree in similar discipline is preferred.
- 3-5 years' experience in system engineering, networks and IT support.
- Network Solutions Architect
- Cloud Networking Architect
- Network Security Specialist
- Wireless Networking QA Engineer
- Network Sales Specialist
- Network Account Manager
- Network Program Manager
Why did you choose a job as a network engineer?
Where do you see yourself in five years?
How do you stay up to date with trends in your field?
Are you comfortable with working overtime and on weekends?
What benefits are you expecting from the job?
Why do you think you’ll be a good fit in our organisation?
Why did you want to work with our organisation?
Are you a team player or a lone worker?
What personality would you display in a team?
Technical Knowledge and Skills