We are looking for a project manager for our organisation who will ensure every project is completed within the designated timeline, while adhering to budget and scope. Your job will be to get the best out of people and projects they are currently overseeing, so a background in business skills, management, budgeting and analysis is important.
IT and Development
The IT and Development department is the department within a company that is charged with establishing, monitoring and maintaining information technology systems and services.
What to expect from the role
- To head and collaborate with a team on various project.
- To handle multiple projects with different clients.
- First hand experience with budgeting and planning.
- Coordinating internal resources and third parties or vendors for hassle-free execution of projects.
- Making resources available and allocating them efficiently.
- Adhering to stipulated deadlines, while maintaining budget and scope.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Delegating tasks, motivating colleagues and managing stakeholder priorities in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Mapping out a detailed project plan to track progress on a regular basis, and plan how to proceed.
- Measuring project performance via appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Verifying if the project is compatible with the schedule and budget.
- Generating reports and submitting to management as and when required.
- Maintaining comprehensive project documentation for future reference.
- Maintaining smooth relationship with clients, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Minimizing risks and errors by implementing risk management procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in management, business or a related field.
- Professional certification and extensive experience related to this field.
- Knowing about cost-benefit analysis, risk management, statistics, general business skills and IT.
- Good leadership, time management and people skills.
- Being proficient in client relationship and internal communication, along with written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and multi-tasking, while being an expert in tackling different problems and coming up with suitable solutions.
- Familiarity with current project management systems.
On average $72,075 per annum.
Source - salary.com
Project Manager is a job role that is for those with intermediate to expert level experience in the field. It is a job with high responsibility. It also involves important decision making responsibilities to ensure the project is a success. It is not an entry level job and requires certain years of experience to reach this stage. Here are a few steps you can take towards this job role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field.
- A Master’s degree in similar discipline.
- 5-10 years' experience in system engineering and IT support.
With sufficient experience in this job role you can move on to other roles in this field such as:
- Head Sales Executive
- Senior Delivery Role
- Chief Operations Officer
What appeals to you about this job role?
What qualities do you possess that make you suited for this?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Are comfortable with travelling regularly for the job?
How do you promote teamwork and cohesiveness?
How will you handle underperforming employees on a project?
How familiar are you with our line of work?
What would you describe your leadership style as?
How do you assess the progress of a project?
Technical Knowledge and Skills
What do you look for when drafting a budget for a project?
What are the essential questions you ask a client before starting a project?
How do you choose your vendors?