As a software architect, you will lead the design effort on a variety of projects in a highly collaborative, dynamic environment. You’ll design creative solutions to real market problems. You will work closely with other partners such as product and marketing managers, designers, and other software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve the efficiency of the solution.
IT and Development Industry
The IT and Development department is the department within a company that is charged with establishing, monitoring and maintaining information technology systems and services.
What to expect from the role
- Work experience with different systems, software, and hardware.
- Opportunity to work on IT projects.
- Exposure to IT and development.
- Work in collaboration with a team.
- Guided by experts and professionals in the field and learn on the job.
- Work collaboratively with product, marketing and other engineering teams in understanding the requirements and assist them in delivering the solution.
- Understand the big picture and the various use cases involved while crafting the solution and document them in Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Identify the appropriate software architecture for both server-side and client-side solution to achieve the proposed requirement.
- Assist Software Designer/Implementers with the creation of detailed software design specifications.
- Own and maintain the architecture document.
- Perform software version control and maintain periodic compilation schedule.
- Maintain product roadmap, release schedules and architectural standards that ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Mitigate risks and problem identified in providing the solution.
- Keep an eye out for technology trends, open source projects that can be used.
- Integrate internal and external product design into a cohesive user experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or relevant fields.
- At least 5+ years experience in with end-end architecture for large design and coordinate project team in SaaS industry.
- Excellent social and communication skills
- Demonstrated expertise in building Web Applications, Enterprise Applications, Web Services, and Management at scale is a requirement. Strong knowledge of datastores (SQL, NoSQL), and ability to make choices among available technology based on requirements.
- Experience with Architectural patterns for High Availability, Performance, Scale Out architecture, Disaster Recovery, Security Architecture Knowledge of cloud-based architectures, deployment and operational aspects of Amazon Web Services cloud is a plus.
- Exposure to industry standards like REST, BPEL, Java EE, OSGi.
- Ability to guide the team in all tiers of enterprise applications including front-end technologies like angular, ember.
- Be data driven, identify and demonstrate the right tools at every stage of software development to ensure code and architectural qualities are not compromised.
- Ability to prioritize and handle work to critical project timelines in a dynamic environment and develop new approaches to complex design problems.
On average $134,545 per annum.
Source - glassdoor.com
Software Architect is a job role that requires a certain amount of experience. It is the role responsible for working with the various teams, understand the requirements and assist them in delivering the solution. This job role is fully exposed to the IT industry. Although it is not an entry-level job, it is a stepping stone if you are looking to make a career out of IT and Development. Here are a few steps you can take towards this job role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field.
- A Master’s degree in similar discipline is preferred.
- 3-5 years' experience in system engineering and IT support.
With appropriate experience in the job role, you can move onto other jobs such as:
- System Engineer
- Solution Architect
- Software Analyst
Why did you choose a job in IT and development?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
What efforts do you take to stay up to date with tech trends?
How comfortable are you working with flexible timings and being available for emergencies?
Would you be willing to work weekends if necessary?
If you heard that an employee was violating office conduct, what would you do?
What made you want to join our organization?
If you were given a team to lead, what approach would you take?
What is your key to completing multiple deadlines?
Technical knowledge and skills