We are looking for a creative Web Designer to join the design team of our organization. You will be required to produce website ideas and concepts and help create them with our content writers and engineers. Your work should be original and creative with user-friendly notions in mind to help make the site comprehensible and attractive at the same time.
IT and Development
The IT and Development department is the department within a company that is charged with establishing, monitoring and maintaining information technology systems and services.
What to expect from the role
- Work on various design projects in collaboration with different teams.
- Exposure to the industry with guidance from experts in the field.
- First-hand experience with website designing and developing.
- Opportunity to learn on the job with scope for growth.
- Design and develop websites as envisioned and directed from scratch.
- Collaborating with the engineering and content team to create the website.
- Create new and unique website concepts to execute.
- Ensure all websites are created with a user-friendly interface idea in mind.
- Create storyboards, sitemaps, and process flow charts to explain design ideas.
- Identify and notify colleagues and superiors of the key deliverables of every project.
- Present the design ideas and concepts to colleagues, clients, and executives.
- Keep in touch with the best practices and continuously educate oneself on the subject.
- Establish a set of design guidelines to follow.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Visual Communication, Electronic Media, Computer Interaction or other subjects related to the field.
- Prior experience as a web designer with a strong portfolio.
- Excellent at using Adobe tools like Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wireframing tools.
- Prior experience in creating storyboards, sitemaps, process flows and wireframing.
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, Java scripts.
- Creative thinker not afraid to explore and innovate.
- Good problem solving, multitasking and time management skills
- Well read with the best practices and keeps up with the trends.
On average $75,712 per annum.
Source - salary.com
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Communication, Electronic Media, Computer Interaction or other subjects related to the field.
- Masters degree in a similar discipline.
- 1-3 years of experience in design and development.
With appropriate experience and qualifications, you can progress to other jobs in this field such as:
- Senior Web Designer
- Creative Director
What are your favorite tools to use during design and why?
What do you like about web design most?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
How comfortable are you working with different departments across the company?
Would you be okay with working overtime?
What makes you think you’d be a good fit with our company culture?
How would you handle your workload if you were given a team to work with?
Why did you want to join our organization?
How would prioritize your work to meet multiple deadlines?
Technical Knowledge and Skills
How did you manage tight deadlines in the past?
What are the few questions you ask before starting on a project?
What are the key points to creating a functional design for a user interface?