Digital Marketing Strategist
As a digital marketing strategist, your primary objective will be to facilitate the sales team through lead generation. You’ll be responsible for conceiving, driving and implementing initiatives to increase brand presence and improve product adoption.
Marketing is a field on its own and is an integral part of shaping almost all industries. It focuses on aiding business growth by promoting products and services, branding and advertising.
What to expect from the role
- Hands-on experience with overseeing the implementation of marketing strategies and campaigns organized on digital media.
- Learning how to organize and multitask multiple deadlines and projects.
- Learn on the job about the best practices in the industry.
- Exposure to the industry and working with experts.
- Manage AdWords and other paid channels
- Set targets and build strategies to help achieve them
- Create and test ad copy for operational efficiency
- Create and optimize landing pages to increase signups
- Develop and implement campaigns to better lead quality and beat the competition
- Perform data analysis around web traffic and other key metrics
- Monitor KPIs, and set up mechanisms to measure multiple campaigns across many online channels
- Draw meaningful conclusions from campaign data and identify potential opportunities for improvement
- Communicate with team members on campaign developments, timelines, and results
- [X] years of experience in Digital Marketing or a similar position preferred
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proven experience building campaign strategies from scratch
- Excellent Excel skills – familiarity with pivot tables and vlookups is a huge bonus
- Basic knowledge of analytics tools and the ability to set up tracking/reporting mechanisms to capture key metrics
- Experience working with data
On average $71,127 per annum.
Source - glassdoor.com
Digital Marketing Strategist is an intermediate job. It is the role responsible for helping the implementation of marketing strategies for digital media. It also includes tasks like optimizing landing pages, studying a competition and performing data analysis. Here are a few steps you can take towards this job role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related fields.
- Masters degree in a similar discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing projects and campaigns.
With the appropriate experience in the job role, you can move on to entry-level job roles in the field of marketing such as:
- Social media coordinator
- Marketing coordinator
- Event marketing coordinator
- Marketing Specialist
Why do you want to work in marketing?
What do you like about digital media?
What do you like about marketing?
How would you react if an employee’s personal problem was affecting their work?
How would you encourage participation in a team?
If an employee was violating a policy what would you do?
Have you ever been a part of a campaign that did not succeed? How did you act after it?
How would you handle multiple deadlines that have not been met?
Are you a lone worker or a team player?
Technical skills and knowledge
What is the best way to market an old product that had launched a few years ago?
Which is the best platform to market online?
How would you run a campaign for a restaurant that just started up?