We are looking for a marketing assistant for the marketing department of our organization to help device creative marketing strategies and campaigns to grow our company image. You will be required to coordinate and execute the functions of your department under the supervision of your marketing executives. Your job will also include performing research studies and recording information and data.
Field of Marketing
Marketing is a field on its own and is an important part of shaping almost all industries. It focuses on aiding business growth by promoting products and services, branding and advertising.
What to expect from the role
- Hands-on experience with implementing marketing strategies and campaigns organized by the department.
- Learning how to organize and multitask multiple deadlines and projects.
- Learn on the job about the best practices in the industry.
- Exposure to the industry and working with experts.
- Implement the marketing strategies and campaigns organized by the department.
- Gather data from research, analyze the information and maintain a database for reference.
- Perform market research studies regularly on new trends through surveys, polls, etc to stay up to date on the changing market behavior and culture.
- Create surveys, polls, and questionnaires for research purposes.
- Maintain spreadsheets and a database information and statistics found through research, financials, inventory and write reports.
- Be dutiful to the department and its executives and aid them in executing all tasks.
- Actively participate and help organize the promotional events and campaigns organized by the company.
- Prepare and deliver presentations.
- Maintain good communications and company relations with clients with excellent customer service and people skills.
- Write content and copies for publishing and driving the campaigns and promote the company’s presence in the market through brochures, press releases, and so on.
- Provides fact-checking, copy-editing, and formatting assistance.
- Apply marketing analytical techniques
- A B.Sc or B.Com in Marketing, Business, Communications or related fields.
- Prior experience as a marketing assistant or similar job posts.
- Multi-tasker with good time management skills.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Customer oriented, patient and confident personality.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, marketing software and online tools (Web Analytics, Google Adwords, CRM tools, etc)
On average $41,324 per annum.
Source - salary.com
Marketing Assistant is an entry-level job. It is the role responsible for helping the implementation of marketing strategies and campaigns. It also includes tasks like researching and maintaining databases. It is a stepping stone if you are looking to make a career in the Marketing field. Here are a few steps you can take towards this job role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related fields.
- Masters degree in a similar discipline.
- 1-3 years of experience in marketing projects and campaigns.
With the appropriate experience in the job role, you can move on to entry-level job roles in the field of marketing such as:
- Account Coordinator
- Social media coordinator
- Project coordinator
- Marketing coordinator
- Event marketing coordinator
- Event marketing specialist
- Marketing Specialist
What made you choose a career in marketing?
Where do you see yourself in 10 years and how does this job help you achieve that goal?
Would you call yourself a more creative or logical person?
How comfortable are you working with different departments across the company?
Would you be okay with working overtime?
What makes you think you’d be a good fit with our company culture?
Are you predominantly a team player or a lone wolf?
Why did you want to join our organization?
How would prioritize your work to meet multiple deadlines?
Technical knowledge and skill
Name some ethics of marketing and advertising. Which is the most important one according to you?
What are the key things you ask a client about their service, business or product before you begin to brainstorm a pitch?
What kind of audience would you target with a digital media campaign and why?