Real Estate Agent
We are looking for a real estate agent who can help us with the process of selling and buying properties from owners to potential buyers. You will be required to negotiate the prices, look for essential requirements, handle paperwork and market the properties to be sold.
Real Estate Industry
The business of real estate; the profession of buying, selling, or renting land, buildings, or housing.
What to expect from the role
- Hands on experience in helping the buying and selling of property.
- Learning how to organize, multitask and manage time.
- Learn on the job regarding the best practices in real estate, marketing, and customer service.
- Exposure to the real estate industry and its various responsibilities.
- Help prospective buyers with choosing a property for the right price and requirements they are looking for.
- Help sellers in marketing, acquiring the best deals and selling their property.
- Engage in negotiation processes between the seller and buyer to achieve favorable terms for both parties.
- Consult on various subjects like prices, mortgages, legal requirements.
- Compare and study property values and market prices.
- Prepare all required paperwork for the process of buying and selling.
- Manage property auctions, exchanges, and list of available properties.
- Collaborate with various third party members such as appraisers, lenders and home inspectors.
- Network actively with attorneys, mortgage lenders, and contractors.
- Actively market and work towards selling through advertisements, open houses, and listings.
- Keep in touch with all updates and best practices in the field.
- Any relevant bachelor’s degree.
- Valid real estate agent or broker license.
- Any additional training in real estate is a bonus.
- Prior experience as a real estate agent and real estate salesperson.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Friendly and professional nature.
- Basic computer and MS Office knowledge.
On average $48,883 per annum.
Source - glassdoor.com
Real Estate Agent is an entry level to an intermediate job role. It is the role responsible for helping prospective buyers with choosing a property for the right price and requirements they are looking for. It also includes tasks like helping sellers best market their properties to attract potential buyers, organizing and conducting open houses. Here are a few steps you can take towards this job role:
- Any bachelor’s degree is eligible for this job role.
- Relevant vocational training to be better equipped for this job role such as real estate, customer service, marketing, etc.
- 1-5 years of experience in real estate.
With appropriate experience in this job role, you can progress to other job roles such as:
- Real Estate Consultant
- Mortgage Specialist
Why did you choose a career as a real estate agent?
What is an ideal day on the job according to you?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
What are the tasks that come under the purview of being a real estate agent?
What would you do if you saw another agent on your assigned property?
How well do you know property law?
What is the ideal way in which you would attract prospective buyers?
Are you a lone worker or a team player?
How do you manage multiple appointments?
Technical skills and knowledge
What are the first questions you would ask tenants?
How do you understand every feature of the property?
How do you network with mortgage vendors and constructors?