Corporate Travel Manager
We are looking for a corporate travel manager who will help us organize and come up with policies for corporate travel. You will be required to negotiate with vendors and agencies and provide suggestions for travel arrangements. Your contribution should ensure our programs are value-added and focus on customer satisfaction.
Travel and Tourism Industry
This industry is a global multibillion-dollar industry that caters to recreational, leisure and business travelers. This industry covers transportation services, hospitality services, and entertainment.
What to expect from the role
- Hands-on experience in planning travel packages, selling trips to clients, etc.
- Learning how to organize, multitask and manage time.
- Learn on the job regarding the best practices in travel management and tourism.
- Exposure to the travel and tourism industry, and its various responsibilities.
- Come up with programs and policies for corporate travel.
- Ensure all the travel arrangements and operations are made like transport and lodging.
- Maintain a relationship with vendors and agencies.
- Negotiate rates and contracts with travel service providers.
- Process T&E reports.
- Manage credit card programs, charges, and reimbursements if any.
- Ensure that all programs comply with all travel procedures.
- Provide suggestions and advice on travel documents, import and export regulations, and insurance.
- Continuously work towards the improvement of travel programs.
- Bachelor's degree in travel and tourism, hospitality business or relevant fields is preferred.
- Training in travel and tourism is preferable.
- Prior experience as a corporate travel manager.
- Excellent knowledge of domestic and international travel regulations and customs.
- Knowledge of T&E processing.
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of MS Office, GTM and GDS solutions.
- Excellent communication, people and negotiation skills.
- Analytical attitude with an organized approach.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills.
Median salary of $62,400 per annum.
Source - payscale.com
Corporate Travel Manager is an entry level to an intermediate job role. It is the role responsible for developing travel programs and packages for corporate travel. Here are a few steps you can take towards this job role:
- Bachelor's degree in travel and tourism, hospitality business or relevant fields.
- Masters degree in a similar discipline.
- 1-3 years of experience in travel and tourism.
After acquiring the required qualifications you can also move to other job roles:
- Sales Head
- Travel Director
- Travel Manager
- Corporate Travel Coordinator
Do you personally have an interest in traveling?
What prior experience do you have which qualifies you for this post?
What do you enjoy most about planning trips?
Are you comfortable working extra hours to accommodate clients?
Would you be comfortable traveling yourself on short notice?
How soon can you start on the job?
What do you describe as your organization skills?
How would you handle a customer making unreasonable requests?
What efforts do you take to maintain relationships and network with vendors?
Technical skills and knowledge
What do you look for before choosing a business trip location?
What are the most essential points you want your staff to remember while tending to a customer?
What travel software are you used to working with prior?