We are looking for a flight attendant to join us in making the travel experiences of our passengers are a pleasurable one. You will be required to assist the passengers with any requirement on the flight and ensure that their trip is excellent. Your contribution will impact our customer satisfaction and our image. Therefore we are looking for a professional customer oriented individual to be a part of our journey.
Travel and Tourism Industry
This industry is a global multibillion-dollar industry that caters to recreational, leisure and business travelers. This industry covers transportation services, hospitality services, and entertainment.
What to expect from the role
- Hands-on experience in guiding customers and helping them experience a comfortable airline journey.
- Learning how to organize, multitask and manage time.
- Learn on the job regarding the best practices in airline travel and customer servicing.
- Exposure to the travel and tourism industry, and its various responsibilities.
- Help the passengers on the flight by providing information and guidance regarding their seats, facilities available, etc.
- Greet the passengers when they board and alight the aircraft.
- Ensure the rules of the aircraft are being adhered to.
- Serving the passengers with food and beverages during the flight.
- Pay extra attention to passengers with special needs to make their trip comfortable.
- Make announcements as directed and needed for the passengers.
- Demonstrating the safety instructions and providing emergency equipment when required.
- Assist cabin crew and passengers in case of an emergency.
- Ensure safety checks are conducted before the flight is ready for boarding.
- Monitor the cabin regularly.
- Ensure all aviation rules and regulations for safety are complied with.
- Submit reports in case of any incident on the flight.
- Certified cabin crew training.
- Prior experience working as a flight attendant or in customer service experience.
- Multilingual is an additional bonus.
- Basic knowledge of computers and MS Office.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a threshold for difficult situations.
- Friendly yet professional image.
On average $73,785 per annum.
Source - salary.com
Flight Attendant is a considered as an entry level to an intermediate job role. It is the role responsible for helping the passengers on the flight by providing information, guidance and safety instructions. It also includes tasks like greeting passengers, providing refreshments and ensuring the rules of the aircraft are being adhered to. Here are a few steps you can take towards this job role:
- Any bachelors degree would be suitable for this job role.
- Must hold appropriate certification such as Certificate of Demonstrated Proficiency issued by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Training in all necessary subjects such as customer service, pre-flight procedures, boarding, in-flight service, safety and security procedures, and first aid.
After sufficient experience in this job role you can advance to the following positions:
- Senior Flight Attendant
- Check Flight Attendant
- Flight Attendant Supervisor
- Base Manager
- In-Flight Manager (In-Flight Vice President)
What made you choose a career as a flight attendant?
What excites you about this job role?
What qualities do you possess that make you best suited for this job?
How would you handle a customer making demands which are unreasonable?
What would you do if you saw an employee violate rules and regulations?
This job can be unpredictable and requires a lot of commitment, would you be able to deliver on that?
How would you handle a customer who is being rude to everyone?
Have you ever lost patience during your last job?
Do you consider yourself an individual performer or a team player?
Technical skills and knowledge
What is the right way to open an exit door?
How do you put an oxygen mask?
What will you do if a life jacket has less air?