Definition of Apprenticeship:
Apprenticeship is training for a profession under a mentor/professional. It is a way of acquiring new skills and getting hands-on industry experience before getting an educational degree or an entry-level job.
Benefits of Apprenticeship for young trainees:
- Apprenticeship tells you what the industry is looking for.
- Gain experience and knowledge even before completing your education.
- Hands-on industry experience.
- Generate income while learning.
- Helps you with networking and building relationships.
- Helps in obtaining job opportunities, or for studying further.
Benefits of hiring Apprentices for employers:
- Apprenticeship is a great way for familiarising with the skill set of the new talent pool.
- They have relevant domain knowledge that you can hone to the benefit of the organization.
- Great opportunity for young professionals to learn about the industry and decide if this is the right choice for them.
- Employees who join as apprentices are more satisfied and loyal towards the organization, reducing the hiring and turnover costs.
- Apprentices come with a newer perspective that helps in foster innovation and creativity at workplace.