We are on the lookout for Loan Officers to work with prospective buyers. In this role, you will manage leads, interview applicants and work with internal teams to ensure a high level of client satisfaction.
The field of accounting involves the processing and documenting of financial information about corporations and businesses.
What to expect from the role
- Hands-on experience with handling and processing loans of clients.
- Exposure to accounting processes, client servicing, etc.
- Learning how to organize, multitask and manage time.
- Learn on the job regarding the best practices in accounting.
- Exposure to the field of accounting and its various responsibilities.
- Processes loan applications and evaluate worthiness based on credit ratings
- Corresponds with applicants to improve application and interviews them to determine the feasibility of granting a loan
- Works with clients through the process to build trust; provides customer service through working relationship
- Reviews the process and makes recommendations to management based on identified trends
- Maintains knowledge of organization’s loans and policies; updates documentation as and when requested
- [X] years of experience working in the loans industry
- Bachelors in Business or related fields
- Tech-savvy with hands-on experience working with a banking application
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
On average $41,951 per annum.
Source - glassdoor.com
Loan Officer is an entry to an intermediate level job. It is the role responsible for processing loan applications and determining the worthiness of the applicant based on credit ratings. It also includes tasks like searching for providing excellent customer service and negotiate on behalf of the company. Here are a few steps you can take towards this job:
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- Masters and further training in similar fields.
- Acquiring the certification required (Mortgage Loan Originator) and certification (Financial marketing professional (CFMP), certified lender business banker (CLBB), and certified trust and financial advisor (CTFA))
- 3+ years of experience in the field.
With appropriate experience in this job role you can progress to other jobs in the field of accounting:
- Loan Authorisers
- Loan collection officers
- Commercial Lenders
Why did you choose a job as a loan officer?
What qualities do you have will help you with this job?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
What prior experience do you have in this field?
How would you react to a fraud being committed by a fellow employee?
Are you comfortable working overtime?
How will you handle a disgruntled client?
How would you organise multiple deadlines?
What is your management style?
Technical skills and knowledge
What do you look for in a loan applicant?
Describe a time you had to negotiate with a client on behalf of the company and came to a amicable solution?
What steps would you take to stop frauds during accounts and audits?