We are looking for a UI designer to help execute a user-friendly design for our products. You will be required to produce innovative solutions for our product designs making them simple yet practical to use. Your contribution will improve the efficiency of the product and help increase customer satisfaction, hence, profits of our company.
The design industries cover many categories such as fashion, digital, spaces, and so on. Those who work in this industry focus on creating functional, aesthetic and economically viable plans to be implemented in their concerned fields.
What to expect from the role
- Hands-on experience with creating simple and user-friendly concepts for products.
- Learning how to organize, multitask and manage time to complete tasks.
- Hands on experience with wireframes, storyboards, and sitemaps.
- Learn on the job regarding the best practices in user interface and designing.
- Exposure to the design industry and its various responsibilities.
- Help create simple and user-friendly concepts to implement on the complicated designs of products.
- Implement all visual design elements from the conceptualization to completion.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to understand the product before conceptualizing solutions to improve the visual and interactive experience.
- Use wireframes, storyboards, process flows and sitemaps to present design solutions and ideas.
- Present design concepts and ideas to colleagues, executive members, and clients.
- Conduct regular research on user experience and collect feedback.
- Stay up to date with all of the industry’s trends and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Design or other related fields.
- Excellent knowledge of Human-Computer interaction design.
- Prior experience with UI design with a strong portfolio to show previous work.
- Strong experience with creating wireframes, storyboards, user flow, process flow, and sitemaps.
- Excellent knowledge of visual design and wireframing tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Great visual design, time management and multitasking skills.
- Good problem-solving ability with attention to detail.
- Well read about the new technology and best practices in the market.
On average $84,320 per annum.
Source - indeed.com
UI Designer is an entry to an intermediate level job. In this job role, you have to help create simple and user-friendly concepts for products. It also includes tasks like present design concepts and improves designs. It is a stepping stone if you are looking to make a career in design. Here are a few steps you can take towards this job role:
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Computer Science or any other related field.
- Masters degree in a similar discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with design projects and a good portfolio.
With enough experience in this job role, you can move on to other job roles in the field such as:
- Senior UI Designer
- UI Consultant
- Product Manager
How do you keep track of the improving trends in your field of work?
What is the best project you have done in the past and why?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
How comfortable are you working with different departments across the company?
Would you be okay with working overtime?
What makes you think you’d be a good fit with our company culture?
How do you chart out a timeline of your designs?
Which apps user interface would you change and why?
Why did you want to join our organization?
Technical skill and knowledge
What CSS framework are you comfortable with and why?
How do you optimize a website?
How would you improve our ‘X’ product?