Customers these days are very demanding. With their need for speed, they expect a quicker resolution to their queries.
With the growing number of competing firms selling similar products and increase in customer expectations, businesses can no longer afford the cost of poor customer service.
75% of online customers expect help within 5 minutes.
With every firm around the block offering live chat for customer support, how can your business make a difference? How can you ensure faster response time while maintaining a uniform voice across all customer communication?
Canned responses is the befitting answer to these questions. Leverage the efficiency of canned responses to respond to customers faster and maintain consistency in your brand communication.
Canned responses are extremely useful for your business if you often find yourself sending the same replies to different customers. This will improve productivity and free your team for taking up more important conversations.
You can pre-compose and save several canned responses at a time. This can help you in communicating swiftly with your customers without compromising on the quality of responses. You can always go back and make changes to a canned response before you send it.
Furthermore, you can respond to multiple customers simultaneously and reduce customer wait time which, in turn, leads to increased customer satisfaction (CSAT) ratings. Faster response is also a great way to improve customer retention. Besides, happy customers are the best advocates for your business.There is proven ROI in doing whatever you can to turn your customers into advocates for your brand or business. The way to create advocates is to offer superior customer service. - Gary Vaynerchuk, CEO of Vaynermedia and Vaynersports Click To Tweet
Canned responses cheat sheet
Here is a list of canned responses, prefaced by their respective shortcodes, that different industries can use to speed up their response time.
- paymentbug – Hi, we are really sorry for the inconvenience caused. The amount will be refunded back to your account within 3 working days.
- returnpolicy – To return a product back, please follow the steps in this link <url>
- returnrequest – You can initiate a return request by following the below steps: <enter the steps>
- exchange – If you’d like to exchange a product, please follow the steps in this link <url…>
- cancellationpolicy – You can cancel an order before it is shipped from our warehouse. Make sure you track your order status once you place an order. If it has been already shipped, you could initiate a return request instead.
- cancelorder – You can cancel an order by going to My Orders page. Click Cancel against the respective order.
- refund – Refund will be initiated upon successful pickup as per the Return Policy. You can expect the refund as per the following timeline:
– NEFT – 1 to 3 days post refund initiation
– Online Refund – 7 to 10 days post refund initiation, depending on your bank
– Others <Add details of other options like any wallet you support>
- returnoptions – You can either initiate a return request and we’ll pick it up or you can self ship it back to us.
- selfshipreturn – You can ship a product back to us to <enter the address>. Follow the steps below to ensure a smooth return <steps>.
- shippingpolicy – We strive everyday to deliver our products on time and as fast as possible. <text about shipping policy………..>.
- ordertracking – Please check the “My Orders” section to track your order.
- orderstatus – Please check the “My Orders” section to track your order status.
- produnavailable – We are truly sorry that the product is unavailable right now. We’ll notify you once it is back in stock. 🙂
- location – You can check if we deliver to your location by entering your PIN code under “Check delivery”. You will get information about standard order delivery time and cash on delivery option availability.
- cod – Yes, Cash on Delivery is available. But it not available for certain locations. You can check the same by entering your PIN code under “check delivery”. You will get information about standard order delivery time and cash on delivery option availability.
- howtoorder – You can place on order with us by following the steps below: <enter the steps…>
- paymentoptions – Following payment options are supported at <websitename>: 1. Cash on Delivery 2. Credit Card 3. Debit Card 4. Netbanking 5. E-wallet
- emioption – Yes, we offer EMI options. The credit card of following banks are eligible for EMI. <list the banks> Or – No, we do not have an EMI option.
- giftwrapcharge – Yes, you can giftwrap an item to be sent to someone. An additional amount of <enter the amt> will be charged for the same.
- pricing – You can view our pricing details here <url>.
- plancompare – You can see the comparison of our different plans here <url>.
- feedbackpositive – Thanks for sharing your valuable feedback! We work everyday to create the best possible experience for our customers. Our team here is super happy to hear such good feedback! 🙂
- feedbacknegative – Thanks for sharing your valuable feedback. We’re sorry to hear about your bad experience. We’re usually known for our exceptional customer service experience, and we regret that we missed the mark. We’ll ensure this doesn’t happen again.
- features – You can view all of our features here <url>.
- produpdates – Please visit <url> for our upcoming features. Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂
- ticketcreate – Dear <username>, I checked with the backend team and seems like this issue needs a little bit of time to be fixed, could I create a ticket for you on the same? It’ll help us track it better.
- featurereq – Thanks <username>, that’s a great idea!. I’ll take your feedback to the team as a feature request. 🙂
- followupongoing – Hey <user-name>, I just wanted to let you know we’re still working on resolving your issue. I’ll let you know as soon as it’s fixed! 🙂
- followupfixed – Hi <user-name> We’re all squared away, your problem has been resolved. Let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you! 🙂
- resolve – I am resolving this conversation for now. Please do reach out to us if you have more queries. We’re always happy to help you. 🙂
Human resources and staffing
- postresume – You can post your resume on our job board by following these steps. <placeholder for text>
- resumecharge – You can post your resume free of cost.
- resumeblock – Once you post your resume, all recruiters will have access to it. You can block your resume from certain companies or recruiters by <placeholder text>.
- jobalerts – You can create personalized job alerts to get new job postings right in your inbox.
- filterprofiles – If you’re a recruiter, you can filter out irrelevant profiles by <placeholder text>
- jobpostingcharge – We have two types of job postings. Both are charged. You can see the price and features here.
Logistics and shipping
- mandateinfoshipping – The following information is required when submitting Shipping Instructions: <placeholder for text>
- howtofileclaim – Claims must be submitted in a written format. Attach these documents while submitting a claim <doc list>
- payment – Payment can be made at <placeholder for text>. Please check the payment options for your country.
- wronginvoice – If your invoice amount is inaccurate, please raise a ticket here <hyperlink>
- bol – BOL in shipping indsutry stands for bill of lading. A bill of lading is a legal document between a shipper and a carrier that details the type, quantity, and destination of the goods being carried.
- bolinfo – The bill of lading contains the following important information related to the shipment of cargo <placeholder for text>
- shippingrates – Freight shipping rates are determined based on the following factors: <placeholder for text>
Real estate and leasing
- howtopostproperty – Login to your account. Next, <placeholder text>.
- freelistingnumber – Every user who signs up with us has one free listing option. For more listings you need to subscribe to our paid plans.
- paidpackage – You can find the details of our paid packages here <hyperlink>.
owneragentpackage – We do have different packages for owners and agents. Click here to know more.
- propertyimages – Yes, you can add images of your property. You have to…
- deleteposting – You can delete a posting in the following ways: <placeholder text>
- agreement or /paperwork – Yes, we do offer rental and lease agreement drafting services. You will be charged separately for it.
- listingvisibility – Your property listing will become visible on the website once our team verifies it.
- docsnewaccount – In order to open a new <account-name> Account, simply visit the nearest <bank-name> Bank branch and speak to a customer service executive. Remember to carry the following documents (original for verification and self-attested copies for submission) with you: <enter doc names>
Click here to see the list of valid proofs.
- creditlimitenhance – Hey, on a side note, I see that you are eligible for a limit enhancement on your credit card. Would you like me to do it for you? 🙂
minaccbalance – Minimum account balance required to be maintained is:
<acc type 1- balance>, <acc type 2 – balance>
- deposittypes – Here’s a list of our deposit schemes <list>
- fixeddeposit – You can find all the details of our fixed deposit plan here <url>
- createnewacc – You can create a new account with us either online or by walking in to our nearest branch. You have to submit the following docs <list the docs>.
- investmentplans – Here’s a list of our different investment plans. <list > For detailed information, visit this link <url>.
- lockercharge or lockerrent – Locker charges depend on branch location and locker size. Kindly visit the branch to for more details. Locker rent is prepaid and is charged annually.
- creditcardeligiblity – To avail our credit card, you need to have a minimum monthly income of <enter the amount here>
- creditcardtypes – You can see the list of credit cards we offer and their features here.
- debitcardtypes – You can see the list of debit cards we offer, and their features here.
- emailstatement – To register for email statement via net banking, follow these steps <steps>
To register via phone banking, follow these steps: <steps>
- phonebankingregister – Download the PhoneBanking application form, print it, fill in the details along with your signature and drop it off at the nearest <bank name> Bank branch.
- utilitybillspayment – Schedule payments from the comfort of your home or office with. You can automate payments too. For more information, click here.
- insurance – Read about our different insurance policies here.
- hi – Hi there, how can I help you today? 🙂
- hold – Apologies, I need a few moments to resolve this issue. Do you mind holding on for a few minutes?
- transfer – <username>, I am going to loop in <employee name> from the <team/department> who can assist you better with this. I’ll also brief them about your situation. I’ll still be here if you need anything else!
- holdchat – Can I place your chat on hold for a moment?
- sorry – I apologize for the trouble. I understand your concern/frustration. I’ll work on a solution right away.
- bye – It’s been great chatting with you, <user_name>. Please do let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with. Have a wonderful day! 🙂
- wc – You’re welcome. Have a nice day!
- resolve – I am resolving this conversation for now. Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with. Always happy to be of service! 😀
- discount – We are offering a <% discount>. Would you like to know more?
- cancel – We are sorry to hear our product/service didn’t fit your needs. I can certainly cancel your subscription. However, would you mind telling us why you’re canceling so we can improve our services?
- difflanguage – I am sorry, but <language name> is not my native language, I will use Google Translate to help you the best I can! 🙂
- wrongchat – Sorry, it seems like you may have reached us by mistake. We’re a live chat software provider, although you may be better off visiting <website name>. We can’t help you find <product/service name>, but we may be able to help you deliver great customer service! Is that something you would find useful? 😉
Can it! Tap into the lesser known feature of chat
The quality of customer support influences customers’ perception of a brand. Making use of canned responses can help you streamline your customer communications and improve the agility in your customer service.
When chat volumes are high, canned responses can help your team respond to multiple customers concurrently and focus on conversations that matter the most, helping your business improve average first response time and keeping your customers happy.